Fuses Matter - Need Recommendation for Best With a New Big 7

whydontumarryit

• Restricted
Re: Fuses Matter - Need Recommendation for Best With a New Big 7
« Reply #20 on: 16 Mar 2022, 12:20 am »
Is a confirmation bias so overwhelming that it results in mass insanity. How has the thread gone on this long without any members trying to save you from yourselves. Save your money, I have a good idea that people like you will need it.

Cheytak.408

• Restricted
« Reply #21 on: 16 Mar 2022, 05:49 am »
Is a confirmation bias so overwhelming that it results in mass insanity. How has the thread gone on this long without any members trying to save you from yourselves. Save your money, I have a good idea that people like you will need it.
Perhaps, it is because they don't need saving.  Perhaps, they have done the listening and Even A/B testing.  Perhaps, they have trained ears from listening for years and years, critically.  Perhaps, they are open to hearing and learning new things without fear of ridicule.  Perhaps, they have better gear than you.  Lastly - perhaps, you are wrong in passing judgement on others experiences.

Perhaps.

OTOH, I prefer ceramic body fuses, wrapped with a vibration damping material (thin adhesive lead foil) inserted into a cleaned a graphene treated fuse holder.  This is a potential for disaster when done by anyone that isn't completely anal about methodology, but I'm "that guy".  Yes, this insanity results in a little bit better SQ.  Superior audio SQ is a battle of inches, not miles.

YMMV

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #22 on: 16 Mar 2022, 11:42 pm »

I've tried aftermarket fuses and they did make a small difference.  Not enough that I swapped out fuses on all my amps.  Like most small/cheap tweaks I tend to do it when/if I think about it, after I've optimized everything else.  As far as 'saving my money', luckily I'm not in a place where I really need to worry about that anymore.  But I do appreciate your concern!

Nvk90

« Reply #23 on: 28 Jul 2023, 09:33 am »
in my opinion fuses make a quite noticable differece, the same level as a powercord.

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #24 on: 28 Jul 2023, 04:22 pm »
  Why do we even need a fuse at the power inlet ?? To date never has a fuse blown in my gear. Had several black outs, surges, etc. Trannie melted, 211 tube failed. Fuse did not blow. I use a solid piece of copper instead.

charles

Berto

Re: Fuse amperage for Big 2 mk2
« Reply #25 on: 15 Aug 2023, 04:26 pm »
Have been using a std slo blow 1.6 amp fuses for 5 years with zero issues.
Tried a Synergistic Research Purple fuse and liked the improvement
After 2 weeks, it blew upon turning on

Has anyone else had this problem with SR Purple?

Should I increase to a 2 amp or 2.5 amp slo blow fuse?
Appreciate your feed back

Increase to a 3amp fuse and you'll be good to go.