Crossover upgrade recommendations

Jeff

• Facilitator
  • Test...
    • Sonic Craft, Inc.
Re: Crossover upgrade recommendations
« Reply #20 on: 11 Feb 2017, 09:31 pm »
Good grief! :duh:  I have had too much on my plate the last two months, but there is really no excuse! :oops:  I must admit that I did not pay enough attention as small shunt values like that are not common in the high-pass.  None the less, my sincerest apologies for the big inconvenience!  I have a nicely match pair of 0.47s in the mail post haste.  If you do not already have tracking, you will soon.

On another note, the work is looking good.  Did you happen to give attention to the direct in which you installed the caps?

Take a magnet to the back of those binding post.  What all is magnetic if any?

Fritz

« Reply #21 on: 12 Feb 2017, 02:35 am »
Jeff,
No worry's. This will be an on going process anyways. Thank you for your prompt attention.
I figure I will be opening and closeing the enclosures a few times before Im done with them anyway.
Its posing no problem what so ever. :thumb:

Fritz

« Reply #22 on: 16 Feb 2017, 09:56 pm »
I got the .47 resistors. Thank you Jeff

Fritz

« Reply #23 on: 18 Feb 2017, 09:34 pm »
Finally finished installing caps and resistors. Looks like Ill be ordering more stuff Jeff. The imaging and subtle sounds have all improved greatly. I have one more trip back into the boxes. Next I'm going to remove and solder all the crimp connectors. Didn't do them the first time for ease of component replacing. I've already ordered the caps for my B&W LCR600 s3 center Channel. After that Ill replace caps and resistors in my B&W 603 s3's that I'm using for the rear channels. What are your thoughts regarding replacing all the internal wiring?
Thanks again Jeff :thumb: