FET Valve 550EXR - Bi-wire Question . Spades & banana's @ Amp?

ludimagis

For a bi wire setup; has anyone successfully used one pair of speaker wires with spades at the amp end & another pair of wires with banana's at the amp end (banana plugged into the end tip of the speaker binding post of the amp & of course the spades hooked up as normal) to achieve a bi wire?

I have used a double pair of spades, one on top of the other, and it seemed to function fine. Just wondering if this would work better.

Thanks for any responses!

Wayner

Frank's amps are designed to use the standard 3/4" spaced dual banana plugs. Most dual plugs have a receptacle on the back end of them allowing you to "piggy back" connectors. This connection would work very well for bi-wiring and will be a very good connection. I don't like dual spades on the 5-ways because they can loosen up.

Just a thought!  aa

W

tonyptony

This is what I do on my FetValve. Works fine.

CE2

:roll:  Don't Bi-Wire, bi-
Amp, for a real improvement, what's the difference between Bi-wiring and just using a larger ga. wire.  Never understood Bi-Wiring, seems usless.  bi-Amping, then 2X bi-amping is a sonic masterpiece, with a bunch of AVA amps, and phase inverters.

ludimagis

Thanks!
« Reply #5 on: 26 Mar 2007, 02:22 am »
Appreciate it

avahifi

Use Pomona double banana plugs (they stack very nicely) if you need to connect more that one speaker cable per channel.

Frank Van Alstine

CE2

www.partsexpress.com  and   www.mcminone.com   lotsa connectors cheap, and they don't corrode or other nastys, CHEAP too...like priced for mortals, no good sounding wires, just stuff that works.  The Dayton brand of stuff at Parts Express is just fine  So is Stellar at MCM, house brands, it works, it's cheap.  No magic, no vooodoooodoododododod