App for controlling BDP

ncaahockeyfan

App for controlling BDP
« on: 21 Feb 2024, 01:35 pm »
What is the best way to stream qobuz from my BDP-2?

I like the idea of using the built-in player, but am not a fan of the mobile web interface.

MPD client app seemed like a good option, but I could only get it to play files from my local library - I couldn't figure out how to use streaming services from it?

Before my very recent BDP-2 purchase, I used an Allo Digione Signature as a local renderer. I realize this is also an option with the BDP, but I like how the native Bryston player displays track info on the LCD screen.

gbaby

Re: App for controlling BDP
« Reply #1 on: 21 Feb 2024, 03:53 pm »
Assuming your player is connected to your router, go to your phone, computer or iPad and type my.bryton.com. After that, the unit should show up on your phone and computer and you can control the playlist.

jobiwon

« Reply #2 on: 21 Feb 2024, 07:08 pm »
As far as I know MM is the only way to control MPD for streaming external services (Tidal , Qobuz).   But if you use the BDP as a ROON endpoint that opens things up for a more robust end user experience. But it's still the same services.   Lots of debate about which sounds better.

vonnie123

« Reply #3 on: 29 Feb 2024, 02:31 am »

gil99

« Reply #4 on: 29 Feb 2024, 01:38 pm »
Hi,
I have rigelian, but cannot stream quobuz using it, what do I need to do to be able use it with qobuz. Presently i use MM to stream quobuz. I have a BDP-1.

NekoAudio

• Industry Participant
    • Neko Audio LLC
« Reply #5 on: 2 Mar 2024, 01:25 am »
I think the BDP-2 on the latest firmware is Roon Ready. That might be the only option for native Qobuz playback if you don't want to use the Manic Moose UI.

vonnie123

« Reply #6 on: 9 Mar 2024, 04:27 am »
I think the BDP-2 on the latest firmware is Roon Ready. That might be the only option for native Qobuz playback if you don't want to use the Manic Moose UI.

I don’t use Rigliean any longer….not sure on Qobuz use…

BDP-2 is Roon Ready and Qobuz can be accessed via Roon