Flamin Margarita Shots!

s.griz16

Flamin Margarita Shots!
« on: 5 Dec 2023, 03:48 pm »

Made this a few months ago. Tasted pretty awful but it’s so cool that I thought I’d share it anyways:

rim shot glasses with tajin or salt
add tequila, fresh lime juice, and a small amount of everclear

… light ‘er up!

Cheers,
Sam

MttBsh

Re: Flamin Margarita Shots!
« Reply #1 on: 5 Dec 2023, 10:23 pm »
Lots of entertaining stories come from mixing alcohol and fire. OK I’ll share one:

I remember as a 17 year old several friends and I were drinking and getting ready to grill in my buddy’s back yard. I spotted a gas can and thought it would be funny to soak the charcoal in gasoline while he wasn’t looking so I did. Needless to say when he 🔥 it up there was a tremendous whoosh sound and an explosion of fire and everyone ran for the alley. It was then that I noticed I had left the gas can on edge of the grill and the spout was flaming. Being that I caused the mess I ran up and kicked the can off the grill which sprayed gasoline across the yard. You can imagine the inferno that resulted. I’ll never forget the look on his dad’s face in the window as he held his newspaper, the fire reflecting in his glasses.

Lots of flaming tequila shots back in those days. It’s hard to imagine 50 years have passed. I try not to get too upset when kids to stupid things, and I still think mixing alcohol and fire is not such a good idea.