Outsourcing effects

DaveNote

• Without music, life would be a mistake. Nietzsche
Re: Outsourcing effects
« Reply #20 on: 11 Sep 2012, 09:09 pm »
Personally, I would be worried sick if I had to ship them for service - I have had a few very awful experiences with shipping companies.

Be well...

Laundrew, I worry about everything (ask my poor wife) and hate sending or receiving anything. I've had to ship stuff to Bryston on occasion, and all went very well.

But that you even have to think about the totally unfounded possibility that this thread is based on proves my point. It can make worriers (like you and me) have an utterly needless worry.

Dave

Laundrew

• "Sometimes it rains inside my head..."
« Reply #21 on: 11 Sep 2012, 09:10 pm »
I should give this a pass, as did BrysTony, but Spinner, I just don't get it. Bryston, today, without any "What ifs" or speculation, is an international company. Presumably this means that most of its customers do not live within a car's drive of Peterborough. I certainly don't. Or the guy in Kenya with a 7B doesn't. So what's the point of the question, or, for that matter, this thread?   :banghead:

Actually, I am most fortunate in this situation because I used to live just outside Peterborough. For example, if I still lived in Nova Scotia, I would drive them back to Peterborough and visit with my Mom and Dad - a vacation if you will.

Be well...

Laundrew

« Reply #22 on: 11 Sep 2012, 09:15 pm »
Laundrew, I worry about everything (ask my poor wife) and hate sending or receiving anything. I've had to ship stuff to Bryston on occasion, and all went very well.

But that you even have to think about the totally unfounded possibility that this thread is based on proves my point. It can make worriers (like you and me) have an utterly needless worry.

Dave

I do not sleep well at nights either Dave  :lol: :wink:

Be well...

spinner

« Reply #23 on: 11 Sep 2012, 09:24 pm »
 Yes , but the question is where does the service go if it shifts  to an unknown source rather than what Bryston can control?  :dunno:

rmurray

« Reply #24 on: 11 Sep 2012, 09:26 pm »
 Good point :thumb: :scratch:

DaveNote

« Reply #25 on: 11 Sep 2012, 10:13 pm »
The sky-is-failling silliness is getting worse. Apple makes millions of devices all of which are built in China, and it has never lost control of how service is provided.

Bryston has decades of impeccable service. It doesn't deserve the underlying premise of this bizarre thread that somehow it might abandon its customers, as well as its business principles and practices. What is gained by discussing a mindless notion that Bryston would do any such thing? Nothing.

In effect, the whole thing is insulting, a kind of backhanded slur on Bryston's well-earned reputation based on an empty and thoughtless speculation.

BrysTony is right. I'm giving this thread a pass, and hope that others do the same and let it die a well-deserved demise.

Dave

redbook

• the music is the blood...........
« Reply #26 on: 11 Sep 2012, 10:20 pm »
 Boy, it seems like someone really hasUPSET your false securities that things never change. The question is one I would like to know so please don't answer for Brysyon. Only James can help with some clear view on this. :banghead:

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #27 on: 11 Sep 2012, 10:24 pm »
  If Bryston ever(hope never) needs to send work to Asia I was wondering how that would impact repair work.? Would service continue locally for any warranty issues or refitting of older equipment.... :( :scratch: :

Hi Folks,

Bryston fortunately being a privately owned company will NOT be doing anything different than what we have been doing for the last 50-years  :D

BRYSTON - MADE in CANADA --- SOLD IN CHINA  :thumb:

james

redbook

« Reply #28 on: 11 Sep 2012, 10:30 pm »
 Thankyou James. That  says a lot and I hope we are happy now with your input. I love my Bryyston components and I think that's all rmurray was originally worried about.  It's that so many big names have gone off shore that gives some of us apprehensions and doubts ....no offense to your great company James. I look forward to to my new(made in Canada 4bsst2) soon.  :thumb: :thumb:

DaveNote

« Reply #29 on: 11 Sep 2012, 10:39 pm »
Hi Folks,

Bryston fortunately being a privately owned company will NOT be doing anything different than what we have been doing for the last 50-years  :D

BRYSTON - MADE in CANADA --- SOLD IN CHINA  :thumb:

james

Thanks, James. The NOT in your comment should bring a welcome exhaustion of any possible reasons to carry this thread any farther.  :hyper:

Dave

rmurray

« Reply #30 on: 11 Sep 2012, 10:47 pm »
  Yes James ...thanx. Now Davenote can quit sweating about this.....lol :lol:

DaveNote

« Reply #31 on: 11 Sep 2012, 10:56 pm »
  Yes James ...thanx. Now Davenote can quit sweating about this.....lol :lol:

Dave, in no sweat at all, is napping as we speak!  :sleep:

rmurray

« Reply #32 on: 11 Sep 2012, 11:02 pm »
 Me too   . Happy listening  for years to come Dave :banana piano: :wine: :sleep: :wave:

spinner

« Reply #33 on: 12 Sep 2012, 08:50 pm »
 :thumb:

Laundrew

« Reply #34 on: 14 Sep 2012, 11:32 am »
Hi Folks,

"....BRYSTON - MADE in CANADA --- SOLD IN CHINA  :thumb:"

james

Keep this up James and I might have to pry open my wallet again  :wink: :D Seriously, your statement is a most welcome breath of fresh air from a North American manufacturer and speaks volumes about confidence.

Be well...

redbook

« Reply #35 on: 14 Sep 2012, 01:40 pm »
  Yes, this is what I needed to hear as well . Thanks for asking the question that needed answering.  :thumb: