Electro Voice E-V 16A Speakers

acwd1950

Electro Voice E-V 16A Speakers
« on: 9 Aug 2009, 03:47 am »
Anyone have any info on them? I havent been able to come up with anything. I bought these at a flea market for 10 bucks! They are missing the front covers and I would like to see a picture of the cover so I could make some when I restore these. Also I bought a HH Scott R36S receiver any info on that? 10bucks for it too!

Thanks
Steve

Russell Dawkins

Re: Electro Voice E-V 16A Speakers
« Reply #1 on: 9 Aug 2009, 04:34 am »
I did a google search on Electro Voice E-V 16A and the first return was a link to a pdf of the brochure from Electrovoice circa 1964.

It's a 3 way air suspension design; 12" bass, 5" cone mid and 2.5" cone tweet, x-over 700 and 3000 Hz.
Bass driver has a free air resonance of 16Hz.
The diagram showing ideal listening distances/speaker angles is not considered correct these days - 60 degrees included angle is the industry standard, not the 30 degrees - 40 degrees indicated.

acwd1950

Re: Electro Voice E-V 16A Speakers
« Reply #2 on: 9 Aug 2009, 05:07 pm »
Russell,
I found that this morning. Thanks. I repaired the tweeters this morning as the were both blown. These things really sound pretty good for their age. Later on Im going to hook up a tube amp to them and see what they sound like! They dont lack in the bass thats for sure!

Steve