Introduction to GeewhizBang57

geewhizbang57

Introduction to GeewhizBang57
« on: 21 Apr 2022, 11:55 pm »
Hi I'm a very happy owner of a pair of GR-Research AV1 speakers I built 20 years ago.

However my cats decided to use the speakers as a scratching post, so I need to replace the tweeters (and the woofers).

Danny Ritchie says he has some woofers, but the T2 tweeter has now been discontinued.

So I need to find something that is at least comparable and can be used with the existing crossover if possible.

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
Re: Introduction to GeewhizBang57
« Reply #1 on: 22 Apr 2022, 02:47 am »
Hi I'm a very happy owner of a pair of GR-Research AV1 speakers I built 20 years ago.

However my cats decided to use the speakers as a scratching post, so I need to replace the tweeters (and the woofers).

Danny Ritchie says he has some woofers, but the T2 tweeter has now been discontinued.

So I need to find something that is at least comparable and can be used with the existing crossover if possible.

A different tweeter will require a different crossover. Good luck. If you can't find a tweeter that will work, you might want to consider getting a Bravo or X-series kit.

Danny Richie

Re: Introduction to GeewhizBang57
« Reply #2 on: 26 Apr 2022, 01:40 pm »
I have a pair of T2 tweeters that have been stored for a while. They are still new in the box. Give me a call to place and order for them.