XLS with Ayima?

greggstone

XLS with Ayima?
« on: 8 Jan 2022, 11:18 pm »
Is anyone driving XLS Encores with Ayima T8 Tube pre-amp and A08 power amp?

Would be very interested in your comments?

Thanks much

mkrawcz

Re: XLS with Ayima?
« Reply #1 on: 9 Jan 2022, 02:35 am »
I have the Tube preamp and A07. I haven’t hooked the Encores up to it yet, but I have them powering desktop minis at my computer. They sound stunning when you consider the price. Especially the A07. If that is your budget, I would say go for it. I don’t recommend the dac in the Aiyima tube pre though. I use a Topping E30 with it. 

greggstone

« Reply #2 on: 12 Jan 2022, 03:16 pm »
Thank you for your comment.  Please forgive me as I am new at this.  I am looking for a DAC with multiple inputs, bluetooth, tone controls and remote, which is why I chose the Aiyima T8.  I am going to start with some very affordable OSD Nero 5 speakers and graduate to XLS-Encores in the future when the supply chains replenish Danny's inventory.

Can you recommend a DAC that has inputs, bluetooth, tone controls and remote control in the under $200 range?  Or advise against any of that?

I appreciate any suggestions. 
Gregg Stone
Dallas, TX

mkrawcz

« Reply #3 on: 12 Jan 2022, 11:41 pm »
I would say under $200 is tough. The Emotiva BasX PT1 is a good option for the $. https://emotiva.com/collections/pre-amps/products/basx-pt1-stereo-preamplifier-dac-tuner
For the amp, the Aiyima A07 is really good for under $100. That combo with the XLS Encores would bring a pretty big  :) to your face.

greggstone

« Reply #4 on: 13 Jan 2022, 03:11 am »
This is likely a dumb question, but would to Topping E30 DAC go in the chain between the T8 pre-amp and the A08 amplifier?

Thanks you sir.

ksbruce

« Reply #5 on: 13 Jan 2022, 03:47 am »
Schiit Modius!

mkrawcz

« Reply #6 on: 13 Jan 2022, 10:27 am »
This is likely a dumb question, but would to Topping E30 DAC go in the chain between the T8 pre-amp and the A08 amplifier?

Thanks you sir.
No, the only “output” on the T8 is analog rca. The Topping has no analog inputs so I couldn’t go in between.