How do I connect my 3.5 Watt QuickSilver amp to my 97.5db Speakers

A_shah

The QuickSilver Amp just has one 6.3 plug in headphone jack ,  are their any adapters that I could use to connect my speaker wires to the unit :scratch:

Asghar

Elizabeth

• So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
The more important question is: What impedance can my little Quicksilver amp (designed for headphones) deal with before it implodes?
If your Quicksilver amp is designed for 25 ohm to 600 ohm headphones. it may overheat, and self destruct connected to 8 ohm speakers! 4 ohms I would expect flames...
You should look into what others had done, if anyone HAS used it for speakers....
I may be wrong, and it makes a fine amp at 8 ohms.. but you need to know before you use it that way.

Folsom

Make a cable.

mav52

I say call Mike Sanders at Quicksilver and ask him, since he designed it, why risk damage since this is a headphone amp.

Folsom

I say call Mike Sanders at Quicksilver and ask him, since he designed it, why risk damage since this is a headphone amp.

Damage? Maybe from trying to push too much current, but really if it uses an output transformer it isn't close enough to being matched.