Bryston and Axiom Joined at The Hip

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Bryston and Axiom Joined at The Hip
« on: 11 May 2021, 03:00 pm »
Hi Folks,

As you may know Bryston and Axiom are joined at the hip.

Both factories are staying open Bryston in Peterborough and Axiom in northern Ontario (about 2 hours from Bryston). The advantage of the Axiom factory is they do a lot of their own manufacturing (example drivers and chassis baskets) so metal parts and etchings of front and rear amplifier panels etc. can be done in house now. Also, they have plastic injection molders etc.

I want Bryston moving forward to become much more of a manufacturer and less of an assembler thereby being able to control our own destiny.

Picture of Axiom Factory in Northern Ontario

gbaby

Re: Bryston and Axiom Joined at The Hip
« Reply #1 on: 11 May 2021, 03:06 pm »
Nice! 8)

PierreB

« Reply #2 on: 11 May 2021, 05:21 pm »
 :thumb:

Spyman

« Reply #3 on: 11 May 2021, 09:36 pm »
Sounds like a good plan!

drummermitchell

« Reply #4 on: 11 May 2021, 11:37 pm »
No disrespect to axiom,have to say though I was looking at in wall and in ceiling speakers for Atmos.
The idiot kept pressing o n the Qs10 Hp speakers for Atmos.
Was looking at in ceiling or on wall and he after how many emails kept pushing the QS 10.
Also find interesting that he said they are compatible with Bryston speakers.
Could be a pessimist me but I’m interested in wall or in ceiling  not QS 10.
If axiom speakers have the same or are compatible in nature as Bryston why pay double the price.
Just pisses me off no matter how many times I inquired about their in walls or ceiling speakers,the prick was pushing the QS10,
Not impressed
Actually TRIAD Speakers come to mind.

redbook

• the music is the blood...........
« Reply #5 on: 11 May 2021, 11:51 pm »
Hi Folks,

As you may know Bryston and Axiom are joined at the hip.

Both factories are staying open Bryston in Peterborough and Axiom in northern Ontario (about 2 hours from Bryston). The advantage of the Axiom factory is they do a lot of their own manufacturing (example drivers and chassis baskets) so metal parts and etchings of front and rear amplifier panels etc. can be done in house now. Also, they have plastic injection molders etc.

I want Bryston moving forward to become much more of a manufacturer and less of an assembler thereby being able to control our own destiny.....Always good to hear this ...bravo

Picture of Axiom Factory in Northern Ontario

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #6 on: 12 May 2021, 01:52 pm »
Hi Folks,

See the tower in the foreground ... guess what that is?

james

jobiwon

« Reply #7 on: 12 May 2021, 02:07 pm »
Some type of air or material movement system? :scratch:  Looks like the tank is designed to handle contained pressure, pressure integrity.

Or

The tank where all the sawdust goes.

« Last Edit: 12 May 2021, 05:11 pm by jobiwon »

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #8 on: 12 May 2021, 06:57 pm »
You got it  :thumb:

It collects the sawdust from the speaker manufacturing area BUT then that sawdust is used to heat the building in a special furnace through the winter.

james

bunkertoy

« Reply #9 on: 14 May 2021, 11:35 am »
Looking forward to seeing the new products with this new partnership. Always nice to see companies doing their own manufacturing. Axiom looks hidden  in the middle of cottage country.

GSDaudio

« Reply #10 on: 14 May 2021, 06:08 pm »
Looking forward to seeing the new products with this new partnership. Always nice to see companies doing their own manufacturing. Axiom looks hidden  in the middle of cottage country.

I've passed Axiom so many times on my way to Algonquin Park to go canoeing, hiking and snowshoeing.   I always had an envy for employees that could work from such a beautiful location.

gbaby

« Reply #11 on: 15 May 2021, 09:12 pm »
 8)

FireGuy

« Reply #12 on: 16 May 2021, 01:23 am »

Live close enough where I was able (along with other message board members) to attend their anniversary bash some years ago.  What an outstanding group of personnel and a kick ass weekend.  There was a double-blind listening test, workshops and a lakeside evening soiree.  Owner Ian Colquhoun's graciousness and leadership plus loudspeaker designer Andrew Welker's expertise are proof of success.  Love their speakers and kinda saw the Bryston arrangement coming.

R. Daneel

« Reply #13 on: 17 May 2021, 12:26 pm »
I want Bryston moving forward to become much more of a manufacturer and less of an assembler thereby being able to control our own destiny.

Hi James!

Is it going to translate to lower prices for the end customers as it did with ATC when they started manufacturing their own tweeters for exmple?

Cheers!
Antun

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #14 on: 17 May 2021, 02:21 pm »
Hi James!

Is it going to translate to lower prices for the end customers as it did with ATC when they started manufacturing their own tweeters for exmple?

Cheers!
Antun

Hi Antun

I do not know about lower prices but I would hope the ability to sustain current prices over time.

james

R. Daneel

« Reply #15 on: 18 May 2021, 03:59 pm »
Hi Antun

I do not know about lower prices but I would hope the ability to sustain current prices over time.

james

Hi James!

Unfortunately, Bryston gear already is much too expensive for the vast majority of Euroeapn music lovers, including myself. During the last several years, prices have increased by 30% to 70% depending on the component in question.

I'm not trying to start a riot here nor do I delude myself into believing my words have any weight to cause a riot. Like everything else in life, it is what it is - either you can afford it or you can't.

Cheers - Antun

jbuzas

« Reply #17 on: 1 Oct 2021, 08:13 pm »
you're still playing hockey at age 74!  wow!  I quite playing soccer at age 43.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #18 on: 1 Oct 2021, 08:34 pm »

veloceleste

« Reply #19 on: 1 Oct 2021, 08:40 pm »
As the bumper sticker says: Old age and treachery overcome youth and skill every time.
« Last Edit: 21 Aug 2023, 05:41 pm by veloceleste »