Loose screw in DAC One

Spenav

Loose screw in DAC One
« on: 21 Apr 2023, 09:59 pm »
Anyone knows how to open the DAC Evo One case?  I bought one used and it seems there is loose screw inside. I can hear if rolling from side to side. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
Re: Loose screw in DAC One
« Reply #1 on: 22 Apr 2023, 01:40 pm »
I’m fairly certain that the screws holding the feet in place are also securing the bottom panel.

rustydoglim

« Reply #2 on: 22 Apr 2023, 02:58 pm »
Remove the feet and six screws on the bottom panel as shown below.  Then you can remove the top cover.

Spenav

« Reply #3 on: 22 Apr 2023, 03:19 pm »
Thanks for the reply. Mine looks a bit different. There is no screws at the bottom. I just received it yesterday from an Audiogon purchase.

Doublej

« Reply #4 on: 22 Apr 2023, 03:31 pm »
Here's a link to some pictures...

https://nuprimeaudio.com/product/evo-dac/

Spenav

« Reply #5 on: 22 Apr 2023, 03:41 pm »
I’m fairly certain that the screws holding the feet in place are also securing the bottom panel.

Thanks for the reply. I am not sure how to take the feet out yet. They have that rubber at the end that I believe is masking the screws. I just received the DAC yesterday from a seller and don’t want to damage it since I might have to return it.

GeorgeAb

« Reply #6 on: 22 Apr 2023, 04:11 pm »
Based on the pic from website, does not seem to be a boss for the feet screws to secure to. Therefore, it looks like it slides out from the back. Look for something on the back that needs to be moved to allow the cover to slide out on rails. Also feel around to see if there is a screw under the sticker. I feel your frustration on receiving something with a rattle in it. Take your time, you got this. 

Monday you could give their help desk a call or send an email.
Service Center
Rafael Lopez
262 East 37 Street
Hialeah FL 33013
USA
Tel: +1 (305) 218-5381
Email: helplopez6129@gmail.com

Spenav

« Reply #7 on: 22 Apr 2023, 04:58 pm »
Here's a link to some pictures...

https://nuprimeaudio.com/product/evo-dac/

I appreciate it. The picture really confuses me. They show access from the top, not the bottom but there are no screws on top. The bottom seems to be more plausible if I can take the feet out.

Spenav

« Reply #8 on: 22 Apr 2023, 05:05 pm »
Based on the pic from website, does not seem to be a boss for the feet screws to secure to. Therefore, it looks like it slides out from the back. Look for something on the back that needs to be moved to allow the cover to slide out on rails. Also feel around to see if there is a screw under the sticker. I feel your frustration on receiving something with a rattle in it. Take your time, you got this. 

Monday you could give their help desk a call or send an email.
Service Center
Rafael Lopez
262 East 37 Street
Hialeah FL 33013
USA
Tel: +1 (305) 218-5381
Email: helplopez6129@gmail.com

That’s what I’m thinking. There might be some special tools involved. I will try the help desk on Monday. I like your system by the way. You seem to be blessed with enough space for your music to breathe. Enjoy it.

Spenav

« Reply #9 on: 24 Apr 2023, 03:05 pm »
I want to thank everyone who has helped in resolving my issue. Every single post moved me closer to the solution. I was able to talk to Rafael on Saturday and he was more than helpful in explaining how the case was designed. The 4 feet had to come out first.  They are screwed to studs that themselves need to be unscrewed. Then you get to Rusty’s photo. Removing the feet was the hardest part.  They are not held by screws. I had to rig a channel lock to do it without damaging the feet. I was able to see the loose screw and the location where it came from without having to remove too much. Hope my ordeal helps someone else in the future.

GeorgeAb

« Reply #10 on: 24 Apr 2023, 09:11 pm »
The sweet sound of success. Congrats!