Spikes and footers

NoahH

Spikes and footers
« on: 4 Dec 2021, 02:33 pm »
I realized that the NX-Tremes don't have spike threads by default. A am adding those now (thanks @captainnemo for the trigger on that) but realized I have seen little discussion on here for this.

Are most people.using generic spikes? Anyone with IsoAcoustics Gaia's or similar?

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
Re: Spikes and footers
« Reply #1 on: 4 Dec 2021, 02:48 pm »
Use spikes over concrete and footers on wooden floors.  Any further advice for wooden floors involves deep analysis of the structure. 

Mariusz Uszynski

« Reply #2 on: 4 Dec 2021, 02:51 pm »
I have had IsoAcoustic Gaia III on my Dynaudio X44 and Dynaudio Sub 600 for 2 years.They not cheap, but you'll hear the difference.Make sure, to follow instructions, if you decide to buy them.Perhaps, you have seen this video?
https://isoacoustics.com/home-audio-isolation-products/gaia-series/gaia-iii/

corndog71

• Some people call me Rob.
« Reply #3 on: 4 Dec 2021, 05:45 pm »
I picked up a used set of Gaia III for my X-Statiks.  I had to buy some outriggers because the original threaded inserts just popped right out.  Their effect was an increase in focus and detail as well as being more holographic.[
I recommend them.

https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=172802.msg1826666#msg1826666

Endo2112

• Particularist
« Reply #4 on: 4 Dec 2021, 05:54 pm »
Ran the Gaia's on my NX-Tremes and loved them, a couple of points, they add at least 2 inches which will raise the tweeter height, you may want to raise the rear of the speaker to re-align, this is less important if your listening position is further away, I probably not use those if your in the near field. I had my speakers placed on large tiles as my carpet was quite thick, worked like a charm, increased speaker focus.

Cheers,

Don

NoahH

« Reply #5 on: 7 Dec 2021, 07:03 pm »
Has anyone use Gaia's on OB subwoofer stacks?

Mariusz Uszynski

« Reply #6 on: 7 Dec 2021, 10:58 pm »
Has anyone use Gaia's on OB subwoofer stacks?
I have Gaia III on my sub and love it.About week later, I bought them for my speakers.Just check my system, you'll see.