Regarding "break-in"

OzarkTom

Re: Regarding "break-in"
« Reply #20 on: 25 Mar 2018, 11:55 pm »
No break-in problems here. I was surprised that my Job 225 amp only took about 80 hours to break-in, and even more surprised that these Cherry amps sounded better than the broken-in Job amp right off the bat.. So I put the Job amp up on Ebay and it sold very fast.

My buddy Rex got his Cherry amps the same time and preferred it over his Job amp also. He had bought a L.I.O. and then bought a DAC SMT for his table top system. He was so surprised by the SQ of the SMT, he had me list his L.I.O. within a couple of days of receiving it here on AC.

Another friend, DR from Kansas recently bought a SMT. He called me the first day he received it raving about the SQ. DR was ready to buy a Mac int. for $6800 or a tube amp for about the same price. I told DR what Rex and I was running, so he said why not? DR had sold audio in the stores for about 25 years. Since Tommy gave him a 30 day money back guarantee, he told me he would probably return it because he knew how bad Class D amps sounded. He is keeping it for sure and now waiting for a new pair of Omegas from Louis. Louis told him 400 hours for break-in, DR is dreading that. :cry:

OzarkTom

« Reply #21 on: 30 Mar 2018, 01:14 am »
Another plug for the Nobsound Little Bear. $39 at Amazon with free shipping. This balanced passive is too good for it's own good. Heck, if nothing else it makes a good back-up pre. Sounds great with my Cherry monos.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07255VHZS/ref=sspa_dk_detail_0?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B07255VHZS&pd_rd_wg=YC8ip&pd_rd_r=C2410S2GNRFBHKQQF6BS&pd_rd_w=AnvKg

Wind Chaser

« Reply #22 on: 13 Apr 2018, 07:43 pm »
I’ve had the Maraschino’s for over 6 months now and since then they have been in operation 24/7 around the clock making music, so “if there was” any break in period, it wasn’t apparent and moreover it has long since past.

Right from the get go it was obvious in the most obvious sense of being obvious, that straight out of the box without any warm up, these amps are a massive step up from every single ended triode I’ve ever heard. So if there was any break in, it probably isn’t perceivable since these are gobsmacking good right out of the box with sound quality that stomps all over the finest tube amps. Seriously, there isn’t another amp regardless of price that I’d touch with a 10’ pole.

mr_bill

« Reply #23 on: 13 Apr 2018, 08:25 pm »
No break-in problems here. I was surprised that my Job 225 amp only took about 80 hours to break-in, and even more surprised that these Cherry amps sounded better than the broken-in Job amp right off the bat.. So I put the Job amp up on Ebay and it sold very fast.

My buddy Rex got his Cherry amps the same time and preferred it over his Job amp also. He had bought a L.I.O. and then bought a DAC SMT for his table top system. He was so surprised by the SQ of the SMT, he had me list his L.I.O. within a couple of days of receiving it here on AC.

Another friend, DR from Kansas recently bought a SMT. He called me the first day he received it raving about the SQ. DR was ready to buy a Mac int. for $6800 or a tube amp for about the same price. I told DR what Rex and I was running, so he said why not? DR had sold audio in the stores for about 25 years. Since Tommy gave him a 30 day money back guarantee, he told me he would probably return it because he knew how bad Class D amps sounded. He is keeping it for sure and now waiting for a new pair of Omegas from Louis. Louis told him 400 hours for break-in, DR is dreading that. :cry:

What is a SMT amp??

OzarkTom

« Reply #24 on: 13 Apr 2018, 09:45 pm »

mr_bill

« Reply #25 on: 13 Apr 2018, 09:52 pm »
STM - got it and thanks!