Hello from Soquel (pronounced SO-KeLL)

harrymax

• My personal site
Hello from Soquel (pronounced SO-KeLL)
« on: 26 May 2020, 03:48 pm »
Just wanted to introduce myself. Harry Max here from a sleepy town just South of Santa Cruz, CA (over the hill from Silicon Valley - home of Spectral Audio, Bybee, and so many other great companies!

I'm not an Engineer, but I speak 'Engineese' - been working in and around tech (mostly software but also some chip design) for 30+ years. I grew up in Southern California. My father was a theoretical plasma physicist, an incredible diagnostician, and brilliant circuit designer. Unfortunately, the only thing I inherited was the talent for diagnostics.  See my TEDx San Antonio talk "The Problem is Not the Problem" on YouTube or pop over to Linkedin if you're curious.

Sheltering in place has been hell on my finances. I've been learning oh-so-much about state-of-the-art headphone technology; the latest acquisition being the amazing Raal-Requisite SR1a... My main system consists of Thiel 3.6s, Electron Kinetics Eagle 400 monoblocks, a Threshhold FET10HL pre, Benchmark DAC3, and Tidal as source.

Hello to all of you. So wonderful to find a safe place for humane conversations among enthusiasts.

Cheers

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: Hello from Soquel (pronounced SO-KeLL)
« Reply #1 on: 26 May 2020, 10:30 pm »
Welcome Harry :thumb:

Phil A

« Reply #2 on: 26 May 2020, 10:51 pm »
Welcome!

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #3 on: 26 May 2020, 11:07 pm »
Greetings & Welcome to AC Harry    :thumb: