Virtue Audio new CD Player Piano Review

Michaelnelson

Virtue Audio new CD Player Piano Review
« on: 12 Jun 2010, 03:00 am »
Piano
When I first pulled the Piano out of the double box I knew that I was in for a treat.  This thing is built like Walter Payton, it is a thick solid piece. I popped a CD in the machine it went straight to playing no boot delay (I read a review that there was a boot delay) It is hard to find a player that makes you sit back and say wow right out the box, but that is just what the Piano did.  I put my reference disk on repeat and went away for the holiday weekend. My love affair for the Piano only deepened when I returned.  This player knows how to capture the essence of the recording. Many CD players play well but few can capture the intimate details that this one can at any price.  The midrange is just spot on and focused. My Computer audio system gives a wider sound stage but the Piano puts more focus on the music. Instead of a large concert hall you are live at Birdland.  I loved how this player captures the highs, and accent instruments like cymbals, and bells, they are not just an after thought in the background of the recording but are imprinted in the music as the producer intended it to be. The Piano can extract the fine intimate details in the music you can only find in players that are equal in cost to a used Jetta. This is a world beater.  It not only delivers all you can ask for in a player at this price point but it exceeds all your expectation it is a must buy for the audiophile elite and the budget minded connoisseur.

Nelson Audio Broker 
Associated Equipment
Emerald Physics CS 2.3
Behringer DX 2496 processor
Spatial Computer Audio System
Mark Levinson CD Transport 37
Halcro DM20
Nelson Pass 1st Watt
Kimber interconnects
Analysis Plus interconnects
Analysis Plus speaker cable
Spacial CAS speaker cable
HRS damping system
Ayre Blocks
Sound Anchor rack system

nonoise

• A republic, if you can keep it.
Re: Virtue Audio new CD Player Piano Review
« Reply #1 on: 12 Jun 2010, 08:44 pm »
Nothing like a new love.
Nice review.
I'll take the presentation you described re: live at Birdland over a wider soundstage any day of the week.
Enjoy.

Mariusz

« Reply #2 on: 12 Jun 2010, 09:09 pm »
It's exceptionally good player.
Great value to performance ratio should make this CD player
an easy recommendation.
Build quality and design could fool you into thinking that Piano M-1 CDP is a much more expensive player.

Michaelnelson

« Reply #3 on: 12 Jun 2010, 09:39 pm »
Look guys I must review something every few months and some of it wonderful, Heck I just had some amps that cost as much as my Benz S550. But the treat is when you can pick up something and marvel at how good it is and still have some change left over.