Creek Tuner Karma-lization with Bonus!

jeffx

Creek Tuner Karma-lization with Bonus!
« on: 10 Oct 2013, 10:47 pm »
What we have here is my Creek Audio Systems CAS 3040 tuner. I just plugged it in after many years of it being in the closet. It lights up so I assume it still works. When going between stations the tuning is a little sluggish. IIRC this was the way it always was. I have priced it with this little quirk in mind. :lol: It comes with what is left of its original box and manual.

I have 3 requests to win this Karmic offering:

1. Have at least as many posts as I do.
2. Answer the below question correctly. A hint will be provided to make it easy. A new hint will be given each day if needed.
3. If, after receiving the tuner, you find that you are happier than before, then please share a Karma item of your own.

Question: In what U.S. city did I purchase this tuner in 1987?
Hint: Below AC threads.

**Bonus Item!!** A Tara Labs(?) Space and Time Prism 1-meter IC. It was terminated by and purchased from the Audio Advisor many, many moons ago. Answer the following musical bonus question. Even if your answer is wrong the IC will be included with tuner - it's that good!?

Bonus Question: What is the real band name of Earnest T. Bass' would-be brothers-in-law? No Google-ing!

Oh yeah, since I am paying, this is only going to someone in the cont. U.S. If you happen to live near the upstate of South Carolina please check out my other Karma thread for a Standesign equipment rack.

WireNut

Re: Creek Tuner Karma-lization with Bonus!
« Reply #1 on: 10 Oct 2013, 10:56 pm »
Raleigh
The Darlings

pumpkinman

• A Kind Word Is an Easy Gift To Give
« Reply #2 on: 10 Oct 2013, 11:24 pm »
I love the episode where Ernest T. tries to break up a wedding between Charlene Darling and  Dud Wash.
They put  Barney Fife in a wedding dress and hold a mock wedding to distract Ernest T. while the real wedding
is taking place .......Funny Stuff

It's me it's me it's Ernest T  :lol: :lol: :lol:

mix4fix

• Volunteer
  • I reject your music, and substitute my own.
« Reply #3 on: 11 Oct 2013, 04:36 am »
I could use a tuner...

:|

jeffx

« Reply #4 on: 11 Oct 2013, 09:57 pm »
Good guess on Raleigh wirenut. I did live there in the 80's, and my buying of audio equipment began in Raleigh at Stereo Sound(when it was on Hillsborough St. across from NCSU - Go Wolfpack!) However, that is not where the tuner was purchased. Also, The Darlings is the not really the answer I am looking for on the Bonus Question.

Hint #2: Zeb's zenith