Detailed Pictures of Stratos Mono Extremes ----

Vr3

Detailed Pictures of Stratos Mono Extremes ----
« on: 29 Oct 2007, 05:28 am »
Ive always had problems serving for up-to-date pics of the Stratos, much less the Stratos Extreme...

So I am definitely a picture whore, so here we go! ;)

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Eric

Re: Detailed Pictures of Stratos Mono Extremes ----
« Reply #1 on: 29 Oct 2007, 03:10 pm »
Great pics. When I first saw the fork, I thought you like them so much you were going to eat them :lol:

yooper

« Reply #2 on: 29 Oct 2007, 04:10 pm »
Nice job on the pics  :thumb:

Could you tell an immediate difference in sound over the Khartago?  Would you consider the difference between the amps subtle or did the "WOW factor" come in to play?

On another note, which tubes are you using with your Candela?

Mark

Lkdog

« Reply #3 on: 29 Oct 2007, 04:30 pm »
Nice pics.

:thumb:

byteme

« Reply #4 on: 29 Oct 2007, 04:33 pm »
From the looks of the fork picture you musta dropped one of them on your thumb??  OUCH!

Vr3

« Reply #5 on: 29 Oct 2007, 04:38 pm »
The biggest difference between the Khartago is 3 things

Channel Seperation -- HUGE difference here

Soundstaging depth, a little subtle...

And strain, the Khartago had a little strain at higher volumes, the Stratos have none

Definitely worth the money, by far...  :thumb:

Thanks for the comments  :thumb:

As for my thumb, lets just say I was preparing my halloween costume, has one of those things that have fake blood running through it, spilled a little! ;)  :duh: :duh: :duh: :duh: :duh:

dangerbird

« Reply #6 on: 24 Nov 2007, 01:19 pm »
Great pics. When I first saw the fork, I thought you like them so much you were going to eat them :lol:

At least it was plastic  :duh: aa aa

djbnh

« Reply #7 on: 25 Nov 2007, 11:23 pm »
I often put a fork in m Mono Extremes to see if they're done, great low cost tweak. Generic forks, as of this writing, seem to produce results similar to the name brands. Cryoing apparently makes no difference, at least at the levels that my system resolves.  :wink:

TomS

« Reply #8 on: 26 Nov 2007, 12:37 am »
I often put a fork in m Mono Extremes to see if they're done, great low cost tweak. Generic forks, as of this writing, seem to produce results similar to the name brands. Cryoing apparently makes no difference, at least at the levels that my system resolves.  :wink:

But was it two tines or four that sounded better?  :lol:

lazydays

« Reply #9 on: 26 Nov 2007, 09:09 pm »
you know a couple fools made posts about the build quality of Odyssey gear on the Amp Asylum, and I sorta laughed at them, and told them that after they put their current amps on Ebay; I'd still be zinging along with my monos. But then I also said that after they put the replacement amps on Ebay I'd sill be cruising along with my monos.
    Lots of people think because the idiots over at Stereophile loved it, it's got to be the best on the planet. How does that old song go? "Laugh, laugh till I thought I'd die. It seems so funny to me." Or maybe "A fool and his money."
    The way to get a good review over at Stereophile is to buy a 12 month full page add. Take Tellig out for a steak and a $100 bottle of wine. It's so simple, and all you gotta do is look thru the old issues and watch what happens. And don't think that TAS isn't prostituting themselves as well; cause they are right in the thick of things as well. Remember when TAS didn't accept any advertising? I do.
gary

KBK

• Teo Audio
« Reply #10 on: 15 Dec 2007, 07:13 pm »
yep. Klaus makes a nice amp. I think they're great. I still have to break down and get a pair from him. Might do the next show with a pair of monos. Then pack up and leave real fast..forgetting to return the amps. :nono: Whoops! :thumb:

nickspicks

« Reply #11 on: 15 Dec 2007, 11:12 pm »
Fork-n A !