Re: BoyuuRange A50 MK111 7.5 watt 300B tube integrated Amplifier

A_shah

I just got this from Amazon for about $ 835 shipped  was very curious about this unit figured if I did not like it I would send it back in 30 days
What a surprise ! this unit sounds amazing with my 97.5 db Daedalus Speakers very detailed , excellent Clarity and very quite ! it does have a volume control but no remote . it weighs about 40 lbs the build quality look very good and of course it is Chinese made has anybody else on this forum have any experience with this unit   :popcorn:

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #1 on: 18 Jun 2021, 06:23 am »
There is a long topic at diy audio on the brother EL 34 amp.

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #2 on: 18 Jun 2021, 07:27 am »
Ashgar,

Congratulations! I've heard and read many positive comments about these amps, but I have not yet heard one myself.

I have one correction concerning your statement, "...of course it is Chinese made..."

You are correct in that most or all of the parts are Chinese made. However, these amps are assembled by a very knowledgeable and experienced Taiwanese gentleman. [I have not met him, but I know several Taiwanese audiophiles who know him.] One other interesting point is that he made some improvements/upgrades to the amp you have <at a higher price>, but I believe the improved version is available in Taiwan only.

Michael
« Last Edit: 18 Jun 2021, 03:29 pm by mresseguie »

A_shah

« Reply #3 on: 18 Jun 2021, 09:10 pm »
Ashgar,

Congratulations! I've heard and read many positive comments about these amps, but I have not yet heard one myself.

I have one correction concerning your statement, "...of course it is Chinese made..."

You are correct in that most or all of the parts are Chinese made. However, these amps are assembled by a very knowledgeable and experienced Taiwanese gentleman. [I have not met him, but I know several Taiwanese audiophiles who know him.] One other interesting point is that he made some improvements/upgrades to the amp you have <at a higher price>, but I believe the improved version is available in Taiwan only.

Michael

Micheal,
thank you for the feedback  I did not mean it in a derogatory sense even apple computers are made in China I was thinking out loud what happens if something goes wrong  where do I send it for warranty repairs  or how long will the parts last ? the unit is very heavy  at 40 lbs . I can tell you it sounds lovely the unit is supposed to be 2nd generation MK111 I can just imagine what a higher price unit would sound like  :thumb:
thanks,
Asghar

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #4 on: 19 Jun 2021, 12:20 am »
Ashgar,

No worries. I was looking out for my adopted 2nd home.  :)

The good news is that the guy who manufactures these amps is approachable and has a very good reputation amongst Taiwanese audiophiles.

Enjoy!

Michael

Frankthetech

« Reply #5 on: 14 Mar 2023, 12:13 am »
I have seen this amp, a friend got one. We did a couple of upgrades. First replace the rectifier tube with an 5AR4 as it has less voltage drop.
Also replaced the input tubes with EH 6SL7 tubes. Sounds even better now. I also replaced the coupling caps with auricaps .33uf and that helped a lot too.
Word of warning, don't open the amp unless you know how to handle the high voltage. Replace the tubes is safe.

Frankthetech

« Reply #6 on: 26 Mar 2023, 03:34 pm »
A_shah, did you end up keeping the Amp? or send it back.