Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction

Woodsea

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction
« on: 27 Apr 2010, 06:49 pm »
Conviction
This is one hell of a game.  I just finished the single player in Normal setting.  I have dabbled for a few hours with a buddy in Co-op.
Let me tell you that the intensity goes way up with the music change.  It sets the tone for each campaign.  This is pure espionage, sneaking around and executing the bad guys.  But, as Sam Fisher it seems that everyone is a bad guy.
It may take some getting used to the controls, but each button makes sense.  Don't think I didn't fumble myself, and scream obscenities at the screen.  Boy, was it satisfying clearing a room.
Crank up the surround sound because each and every speaker will be put to good use, especially the subwoofer. 
The story line is the back bone which carries the progress forward.  The play is much like Batman Arkham Asylum.  Which I also finished and wholeheartedly enjoyed.
 :thumb: 
Co-op is just that, if you don't communicate you will get shot.  If you are following a buddy, and he makes a noise or is seen by the corner of a guards eye, be sure to take him out, otherwise you will get one.  Different story for this Co-op as well.  So, it is another game all together. 
Rated Mature for graphic language to be sure, plus alot of blood and mayhem.  I made sure my children were asleep or out of the house.

pjchappy

Re: Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction
« Reply #1 on: 27 Apr 2010, 06:58 pm »
Cool.  I'll be by Best Buy later today.  I'm due for another game.  Looks like I won't be having a very productive night. :thumb:

Paul

pjchappy

« Reply #2 on: 27 Apr 2010, 07:03 pm »
Doh!  It's not out for PS3. . .and there are no plans for a PS3 release. :banghead:

Paul

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #3 on: 27 Apr 2010, 07:55 pm »
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction...
Damn.  I had hoped that they had finally caught the mole in the CIA that was the source for so many of Clancy's novels and that they had finally thrown Tom Clancy in jail. Several years ago a local museum brought in a fellow that had been head of the Moscow bureau for the CIA as a speaker. He told me that they were convinced that Clancy had mole in the organization that gave him several of his stories- they were in some cases nearly right out of the CIA files.  He expressed his sincere hope that they would put both of the in jail.  I haven't bought a Tom Clancy product since. 

Woodsea

« Reply #4 on: 27 Apr 2010, 09:09 pm »
He does get a kick back.  But, just like Madden...I don't think he really adds any content to his games.  When the credits were rolling I did not see his name.

jsaliga

• Restricted
  • Vinyl Provocateur
    • The Spinning Record
« Reply #5 on: 17 Jul 2010, 06:06 pm »
I bought this one on Steam a few days ago and haven't been able to put it down.  It's loads of fun.

--Jerome