SS 6M Monitors in sapele pomelle with orange dye - SOLD

jsalk

This is a pair of our new SS 6M Monitor speakers.  This pair is featured on the SS 6M web page.  They were done in sapele pommele veneer (pomelle is a figuring pattern) and shot with orange dye to make the figuring really pop.

Here are some pictures...

And a close-up...

These speakers feature the incomparable Satori Be tweeter along with a Satori 6.5" woofer.  The design is quite efficient (90 db) and plays quite deep (-3db at 35Hz) for a monitor speaker. 

The sapele veneer would normally be a custom upgrade.  But in this case, we will throw in the custom veneer at no charge.

Standard veneered versions of the SS 6M Monitors are priced at $3795.

- Jim
« Last Edit: 14 Feb 2020, 03:12 pm by jsalk »

DEP14

Re: SS 6M Monitors in sapele pomelle with orange dye
« Reply #1 on: 27 Dec 2019, 02:21 am »
I believe these are the pair I saw in the shop.  Outstanding looking speaker (one of the reasons I'm still kicking around shooting my upcoming speakers orange)

Really cool looking speaker!

MiamiAngler

« Reply #2 on: 28 Dec 2019, 09:45 pm »
Great work Jim, Happy Ney Years!

Big Red Machine

« Reply #3 on: 29 Dec 2019, 03:06 am »
I don't need them but I am sure lusting after these. I have a soft spot for sapelle and bubinga and these are very sexy.

I prefer dome tweeters these days and have heard the SS9.5. I wonder how these play as compared to the bookshelves I have heard like the  Silks or Wow's. I could see a nice project building a very dense, vibration absorbing set of stands for these.

jsalk

« Reply #4 on: 29 Dec 2019, 02:19 pm »
I don't need them but I am sure lusting after these. I have a soft spot for sapelle and bubinga and these are very sexy.

I prefer dome tweeters these days and have heard the SS9.5. I wonder how these play as compared to the bookshelves I have heard like the  Silks or Wow's. I could see a nice project building a very dense, vibration absorbing set of stands for these.

If you heard the SS9.5's, you know what the top end sounds like.  The SS6M Monitors are quite a bit more sensitive than the other models you mention and also play quite a bit deeper.

- Jim

GregC

« Reply #5 on: 29 Dec 2019, 09:24 pm »
The speakers look amazing and I bet they have sound commensurate with their looks.

Mitch 275

« Reply #6 on: 13 Jan 2020, 03:49 pm »
Hello Jim, is your web site down? I was in it the other day but couldn't get into it yesterday and today.
I had some questions but need to look at your different models and options before I can ask.
Or, is there a number I can reach you at.
Thanks Mitch

Phil A

« Reply #7 on: 13 Jan 2020, 04:38 pm »
Hello Jim, is your web site down? I was in it the other day but couldn't get into it yesterday and today.
I had some questions but need to look at your different models and options before I can ask.
Thanks Mitch

Got on the website no problem (great looking speakers too) - here is contact info from the website:
40 West Howard Street
Suite 204
Pontiac, MI 48342
 (248) 342-7109
 info at (@) salksound.com

jsalk

« Reply #8 on: 13 Jan 2020, 04:39 pm »
Thanks Mitch

Mitch -

Yes, our servers were down for about 24 hours.  We do our own hosting to save money.  But when there is a power outage, they will obviously not be online.  They went down at about 10AM yesterday, but I got them back up and running this morning.

- Jim

jd3

« Reply #9 on: 14 Feb 2020, 02:01 pm »
Jim-

Still available?

John

jsalk

« Reply #10 on: 14 Feb 2020, 03:11 pm »
Unfortunately no.  We just shipped them the other day.  I'll mark this as sold.

- Jim

jd3

Re: SS 6M Monitors in sapele pomelle with orange dye - SOLD
« Reply #11 on: 14 Feb 2020, 03:13 pm »
Thanks Jim.  I'd have to sell/trade my Encores anyway.