Re: Toronto Show Sept. 2012
« Reply #120 on: 9 Oct 2012, 12:31 am »
  Thanks James. How does one see the brochure? :scratch:

« Last Edit: 9 Oct 2012, 11:37 am by James Tanner »

larevoj

« Reply #121 on: 9 Oct 2012, 07:29 am »
Hi James, yes can you send us a link of the brochure?  :D

I visited the AFA, Singapore today and was hoping they will have a pair for audition soon but was told none available?? Any idea if they will have a pair any time soon?

Thanks!

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #122 on: 9 Oct 2012, 11:37 am »
  Thanks James. How does one see the brochure? :scratch:

Hi

Email me at jamestanner@bryston.com and I will send along the brochure.

james

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #123 on: 9 Oct 2012, 11:38 am »
Hi James, yes can you send us a link of the brochure?  :D

I visited the AFA, Singapore today and was hoping they will have a pair for audition soon but was told none available?? Any idea if they will have a pair any time soon?

Thanks!

Hi

It will be a while (January maybe) as all the speakers from the first 2 runs have been preordered - it was a great show  :thumb:

james

redbook

• the music is the blood...........
« Reply #124 on: 9 Oct 2012, 03:24 pm »
  James , will this brochure soon be on the Bryston web page.? :thumb:

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #125 on: 9 Oct 2012, 03:31 pm »
  James , will this brochure soon be on the Bryston web page.? :thumb:

Looking at that now - will probably be the end of October.

james

redbook

• the music is the blood...........
« Reply #126 on: 9 Oct 2012, 03:33 pm »
  Thanks James..... :dance:

SGK

« Reply #127 on: 5 Nov 2012, 10:33 am »
Hi All,

We introduced NAS support in August for the bdp-1, the bdp-2 will ship with the same firmware as the bdp-1.  Intact, for the foreseeable future both versions of the bdp will run the same software.  Much like iPhones run the same version of iOS, bdp's will follow a similar philosophy.

As for the comparison the bdp-1 shipped with a 2amp power supply and a main board containing a 500mhz AMD Geode CPU with 256 MB RAM.

The bdp-2's power supply has been bumped up to 10amps (for those who want to plug in a half dozen USB powered hard drives).  It's main board is capable of powering 5-6 hard drives (we have tested an assortment of drives rAnging from 400mA to a full amp).  1600 MHz Intel Atom CPU with 2048 MB of RAM.  Room for an internal 2.5" data hdd/ssd, USB 3.0 upgrade path is available, esata (none powered).

Both units still contain the same sound card, so same sound.

Think BDP-1, but with more power under the bonnet

Cheers,
Chris

So when would one need "more power under the bonnet"? Is it merely when one would like a whole stack of drives connected by USB or drives that need to be powered by the BDP?  What about boot-up speed and file-loading speed? (I believe James had said once that ALAC files can take a long time to load on the BDP-1.)

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #128 on: 5 Nov 2012, 03:46 pm »
Hi SGK,

Drives is one aspect, in addition to USB 2.0 ports, there is also on the rear an esata hook up and inside the system everything needed to install a drive.  We have had up to a internal drive plus four usb powered drives connected and powered during startup.  Keep in mind different drives use different amounts of power, but the end user shouldn't have difficulties powering three or more drives off the USB ports.  As to the number of files, where the BDP-1 begins to slow down at around 30k songs (some users may experience different results depending on file type) the BDP-2 does not.

Cheers,
Chris

SGK

« Reply #129 on: 6 Nov 2012, 09:32 pm »
And does an internal SSD compromise at all the dynamics of the player? I guess I am trying to figure out on what basis one would step up to the BDP-2. The desire for an internal drive is one, a colossal library would be another (although 30,000 songs is a hell of a lot)...

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #130 on: 7 Nov 2012, 02:59 am »
Hello,

Few customers I have spoken to have more then 10,000 songs.  Also there is the fact that eventually the BDP-2 will do more down the road with software upgrades and customer/distributor install able upgrades.

Cheers,
Chris

SGK

« Reply #131 on: 7 Nov 2012, 11:26 am »
Thanks Chris.  How's the indexing and searching of drives with the BDP-1 over USB 2? Presumably this is an area which would benefit greatly from an eSata connection (USB 2 would be fine for the playback of the file itself).

Also, is the connection for an internal drive a simple plug and play eSata cable? Would something like a 512GB SSD require any housing carriage etc.  (Velcro can work wonders if the cable has some maneuverability.) 

I don't see myself as needing terabytes of media files connected anytime soon (especially while the BDP is still, unfortunately, only 2 channel).

I would want my collection ripped to ALAC so that I can simply duplicate the files in iTunes for playback at my computer and automatically port in lower-res format to all my mobile devices. (The ripping software would add the file to the hard drive for re-connection to the BDP and, at the same, add a copy to my computer's iTunes directory.)

Browsing the BDP connected drives would need to be fast and reliable.

Laundrew

• "Sometimes it rains inside my head..."
« Reply #132 on: 9 Nov 2012, 12:31 am »
Did anyone who attended the show notice if any Acoustic Signature turntables were on display?

Be well...

PRELUDE

« Reply #133 on: 9 Nov 2012, 01:03 am »
Did anyone who attended the show notice if any Acoustic Signature turntables were on display?

Be well...
Hi Laundrew,
I did not see it this year but there is a brand new Canadian manufacture that makes very nice turntables.
www.ttweights.com

Laundrew

• "Sometimes it rains inside my head..."
« Reply #134 on: 9 Nov 2012, 09:59 pm »
Hi Laundrew,
I did not see it this year but there is a brand new Canadian manufacture that makes very nice turntables.
www.ttweights.com

Thanks PRELUDE  :thumb:

I did not know about these turntables and as they are just down the road, I will take a drive down and see them.

Be well...