New SongTower QWT's in bamboo - SOLD

jsalk

New SongTower QWT's in bamboo - SOLD
« on: 15 Mar 2009, 09:19 pm »
As posted in the main site, these are the first pair of SongTower QWT's we have done in solid bamboo.  The front baffle is full length from top to bottom.

Here are some pictures...

And a close-up...

Bamboo is quite expensive compared to MDF, but there is less finishing involved.  The price of bamboo SongTowers QWT's is $1995.

- Jim
« Last Edit: 16 Mar 2009, 02:01 am by jsalk »

Big Red Machine

Re: New SongTower QWT's in bamboo - SOLD
« Reply #1 on: 20 Mar 2009, 09:48 pm »
Quick comment for anyone contemplating Bamboo some day; the finish in real life is really sexy.  Even a clear coat over base Bamboo with no die is like a glass finish.  ANd the knuckle test is very hard indeed - the higher density moves the cabinet sound up the scale.

bahorn1

« Reply #2 on: 20 Mar 2009, 10:40 pm »
Quick comment for anyone contemplating Bamboo some day; the finish in real life is really sexy.  Even a clear coat over base Bamboo with no die is like a glass finish.  ANd the knuckle test is very hard indeed - the higher density moves the cabinet sound up the scale.

Great to hear!  I keep showing my girlfriend pictures of different finishes.  And the only one she and I have both liked is the bamboo.  So if I do change from my STs to another Salk speaker, at least I know what finish I'll ask for.

TjMV3

« Reply #3 on: 19 Feb 2010, 10:59 pm »
As posted in the main site, these are the first pair of SongTower QWT's we have done in solid bamboo.  The front baffle is full length from top to bottom.

Here are some pictures...

And a close-up...

Bamboo is quite expensive compared to MDF, but there is less finishing involved.  The price of bamboo SongTowers QWT's is $1995.

- Jim

Is it possible finish or dye (or whatever process is) a different finish,  such as a reddish cherry finish? 

Big Red Machine