7 Plus bend radius

abuhannibal

7 Plus bend radius
« on: 20 Sep 2019, 11:59 am »
Hi folks. Considering a 7 Plus for use with my Ayre power amp. But space is tight behind the rack and the cable would need to be bent with about a 4-inch radius behind the IEC plug.  Workable?

(To clarify: I mean a 4-inch radius not including the IECplug itself - I've got 4 inches from the back of the plug (roughly) to the wall.

Also: A right angle IEC might help but Ayre puts its Ayrelink connectors (RJ-45 jacks) directly underneath the IEC inlet. Would probably be OK anyway but I am not 100% sure.

Thanks in advance!

jriggy

Re: 7 Plus bend radius
« Reply #1 on: 20 Sep 2019, 03:32 pm »
You mean from the back of the plug attached to the cord itself right?  If so, you should be good. I just measured one of mine and the natural arch/hang down is 4 & 1/2 inches out, with an easy ‘push down’ to 4” or even a little less, if needed. Pete’s cables are pretty flexible.

abuhannibal

« Reply #2 on: 20 Sep 2019, 03:42 pm »
Correct. Thanks!!

Triode Pete

« Reply #3 on: 20 Sep 2019, 08:27 pm »
Hello abuhannibal,
If needed you could wrap a "Seven Plus" power cord around a clinched fist... a 4 inch bend radius should not be an issue, due to the multiple, soft highly annealed conductors in a "Seven Plus" power cord...

Also, I do offer a right angle connector for either the mains or IEC ends...

Cheers,
Pete

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #4 on: 20 Sep 2019, 08:52 pm »
Hello abuhannibal,
If needed you could wrap a "Seven Plus" power cord around a clinched fist... a 4 inch bend radius should not be an issue, due to the multiple, soft highly annealed conductors in a "Seven Plus" power cord...

Also, I do offer a right angle connector for either the mains or IEC ends...

Cheers,
Pete

Pete,

Is the right angle down only, or can it be to the left or right of the receptacle/wall?

Michael

Triode Pete

« Reply #5 on: 20 Sep 2019, 09:51 pm »
Pete,

Is the right angle down only, or can it be to the left or right of the receptacle/wall?

Michael

Hi Michael,
There are multiple sets of female threaded inserts on the right angle connector body so that several orientations (up / down / left / right) can be achieved, as desired.

Cheers,
Pete

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #6 on: 20 Sep 2019, 10:13 pm »
That's great!

I need to send one of my 7s back to you for re-orientation. It's straight now, but needs to go left.  :green:

abuhannibal

« Reply #7 on: 22 Sep 2019, 08:11 am »
Pete, thanks. So it sounds like the regular version will be fine for me but I'll mull it over. Last question: Is it possible to pick up orders in person?

Triode Pete

« Reply #8 on: 22 Sep 2019, 10:34 pm »
Pete, thanks. So it sounds like the regular version will be fine for me but I'll mull it over. Last question: Is it possible to pick up orders in person?

Yes, if you're in the NYC / LI area...

Cheers,
Pete