• The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com

CanadianMaestro

• Restricted
  • Skepticism is the engine of progress
    • Hearing Everything That Nothing Can Measure
Re: Neil Young - Quest to Save Music
« Reply #1 on: 26 Aug 2019, 09:59 pm »
LOL. I have no idea what "God sounds like". Maybe someone can describe for me.   :scratch:

What a self-righteous jerk-off. Nothing wrong with digital when it's done right.

cheers

jseymour

« Reply #2 on: 26 Aug 2019, 10:42 pm »
Neil is not against digital music, just low-res and overly compressed music.  His Pono site specialized in hi-res downloads.

CanadianMaestro

• Restricted
« Reply #3 on: 27 Aug 2019, 12:33 am »
I think he's just pissed that his Pono did not catch fire like iPod Classic, which imo was a game chager for portable musik.

CanadianMaestro

• Restricted
« Reply #4 on: 27 Aug 2019, 01:29 am »
I think Neil should turn his anger to more constructive purposes. Like bringing good music, hi-res or otherwise, to youth. There are many very musically talented youth who cannot access good music and decent music training and opps, because they are underprivileged. Never too late to make a meaningful difference to those communities.

I.Greyhound Fan

« Reply #5 on: 27 Aug 2019, 01:37 am »
I think he's just pissed that his Pono did not catch fire like iPod Classic, which imo was a game chager for portable musik.

Apple killed the  pono!

CanadianMaestro

• Restricted
« Reply #6 on: 27 Aug 2019, 01:44 am »
Apple killed the  pono!

Yes. Free market competition.

cheviot100

« Reply #7 on: 21 Sep 2019, 11:46 pm »
Pono.
Could it just maybe be that people didn't want to carry a thing that's shaped like a Toblerone in their pockets?

whell

« Reply #8 on: 21 Sep 2019, 11:54 pm »
If Neil Young wants to save music, he should have started with his last album.  :lol:

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #9 on: 22 Sep 2019, 12:27 am »
LOL. I have no idea what "God sounds like". Maybe someone can describe for me.   :scratch:

What a self-righteous jerk-off. Nothing wrong with digital when it's done right.

cheers
The prob are many sound producers proclaim 24/44 is great sound quality :duh:
when it is really just the cheapest equipment available.

witchdoctor

« Reply #10 on: 22 Sep 2019, 03:32 pm »
Neil is not against digital music, just low-res and overly compressed music.  His Pono site specialized in hi-res downloads.

Neil had investors "pony up" on the Pono and he might have done better just licensing the technology to a company like sound united. How are you going to beat Sony, Apple and the likes of those size companies?

fredgarvin

« Reply #11 on: 22 Sep 2019, 04:10 pm »
Apple killed the  pono!
Yes they did-

The last straw for Pono, without a great leader to guide the company through rough waters and find creative solutions, was Apple's purchase and subsequent closure of Omnifone. Omnifone was Pono's supplier of digital music behind the scenes. Apple quickly shut down the service, cutting off Pono and other Omnifone customers from their source of income, music downloads.

https://audiophilestyle.com/ca/reviews/book-review-neil-youngs-to-feel-the-music-a-songwriters-mission-to-save-high-quality-audio-r834/