New Studio Monitors in a new listening room.

Danny Richie

Re: New Studio Monitors in a new listening room.
« Reply #40 on: 4 Aug 2019, 05:09 pm »
Danny,

Are the new Studio Monitors sold as fully assembled or are they in kit form?

They are sold as a kit, but they come with a pre-cut front baffle.

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #41 on: 4 Aug 2019, 06:09 pm »
Danny,

Thank you.

I've got a pair of kit speakers (Overnight Sensations) sitting on my bench (gift for a friend's son) to assemble before I can play with another kit. I will keep these in mind for my next project.

Question: How much does the pair weigh in kit form - front baffle included?

Michael

Danny Richie

« Reply #42 on: 4 Aug 2019, 08:32 pm »
Danny,

Thank you.

I've got a pair of kit speakers (Overnight Sensations) sitting on my bench (gift for a friend's son) to assemble before I can play with another kit. I will keep these in mind for my next project.

Question: How much does the pair weigh in kit form - front baffle included?

Michael

I don't have a kit weight handy. Probably about 18 to 20 pounds.

A finished pair that shipping out weighed 37 pounds each with packing material and all.

kheidenr

« Reply #43 on: 14 Aug 2019, 03:51 pm »
I might have missed it but how much for the kit?  And as for speaker placement I presume you would want the monitors to be 3ft from the back wall even if you chose to use sealed servo subs?

Thanks.

Danny Richie

« Reply #44 on: 14 Aug 2019, 04:07 pm »
I might have missed it but how much for the kit?  And as for speaker placement I presume you would want the monitors to be 3ft from the back wall even if you chose to use sealed servo subs?

Thanks.

$859 for the complete kit including the CNC cut front baffle and two sheets of No Rez.

For studio use these can be used over a console or nearly right up on the front wall.

For ideal playback these can be used well out into the room with an added servo sub for bottom end, and I think they will rival the best of the best cost no object monitors out there.

Danny Richie

« Reply #45 on: 14 Aug 2019, 04:23 pm »
And another heads up to you guys in the area. A demo pair is in Columbus, OH right now.

https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=165019.0

If you are close by and would like to hear these then let me know.

tasar

« Reply #46 on: 20 Aug 2019, 01:14 pm »
Send them to Traverse City, I have servos, and a great vacation venue for family and friends wanting out of the heat.

Jmitchell3

« Reply #47 on: 4 Sep 2019, 08:02 pm »
And another heads up to you guys in the area. A demo pair is in Columbus, OH right now.

https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=165019.0

If you are close by and would like to hear these then let me know.

I may be in columbus in a few weeks would love to hear them.
Send them to Traverse City, I have servos, and a great vacation venue for family and friends wanting out of the heat.

Danny Richie

« Reply #48 on: 4 Sep 2019, 08:18 pm »
I may be in columbus in a few weeks would love to hear them.

I believe now they are in the suburbs of Cleveland.

jazyes

« Reply #49 on: 5 Sep 2019, 02:14 pm »
Danny,

Any chance they can visit the Northeast? PA in particular. My N3TL's and Encores need some company.- JAZ

tasar

« Reply #50 on: 18 Sep 2019, 01:45 pm »
No one has asked so how about a compare with the straight X-Otica. Guess is similar except the X crosses better with the servos. How low can you pass these without lowering the sensitivity further ?

Danny Richie

« Reply #51 on: 18 Sep 2019, 05:14 pm »
No one has asked so how about a compare with the straight X-Otica. Guess is similar except the X crosses better with the servos. How low can you pass these without lowering the sensitivity further ?

They have a very similar sound but with lower sensitivity. And while they really shine well out into the room, they don't have to be placed way out into the room.

And you can cross them to the subs anywhere from about 50Hz or so. It will depend on your room.

tasar

« Reply #52 on: 22 Sep 2019, 01:33 am »
What is the sensitivity of the X Otica ? How are they made available ?

DeeJayBump

hawkeyejw

« Reply #54 on: 3 Dec 2019, 02:13 pm »
Any feedback on these yet? I'm eyeing these as an upgrade from some ELT-525s that I've been using nearfield as desktop speakers for a while. I'm really interested in going to an all open baffle 2 channel system down the line but don't have the space for it now. This may be a great way to get partially there.

Danny Richie

« Reply #55 on: 3 Dec 2019, 10:15 pm »
Any feedback on these yet? I'm eyeing these as an upgrade from some ELT-525s that I've been using nearfield as desktop speakers for a while. I'm really interested in going to an all open baffle 2 channel system down the line but don't have the space for it now. This may be a great way to get partially there.

I am pretty familiar with those ELT speakers. I designed crossovers for those as well.

They are not much of a comparison to the Studio Monitors.

hawkeyejw

« Reply #56 on: 3 Dec 2019, 11:57 pm »
I am pretty familiar with those ELT speakers. I designed crossovers for those as well.

They are not much of a comparison to the Studio Monitors.

I have no doubt about that! The closest thing I have had to a dedicated listening space for the last several years has been the office, which doubles as a playroom...  :green: With a 4 year old at home I mostly have to pick up my headphones when I have a bit of time to listen. The little ELT’s are still fun though with the sonicaps and no-rez i got from you a while back, coupled with a couple DIY anarchy tapped horn subs. These new little monitors of yours look like a fun and rewarding upgrade that I will be able to enjoy immensely set up as near field monitors now, but then still enjoy later on when I have a better space to set them up in.

sarora9

« Reply #57 on: 4 Dec 2019, 04:08 am »
Are they any closer to Philly/NJ/NYC?

Tomy2Tone

« Reply #58 on: 4 Dec 2019, 04:25 am »
Any chance these studio monitors make it out west for the tour? Say Arizona?  :thumb:

genjamon

« Reply #59 on: 4 Dec 2019, 05:44 pm »
+1 Tomy2Tone