mgalusha

Re: RIP Tommy
« Reply #20 on: 17 Dec 2021, 02:40 pm »
Very sad news, a true loss. :(

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #21 on: 17 Dec 2021, 02:49 pm »
Such sad news. Condolences to his family & friends.

rhale64l7

« Reply #22 on: 17 Dec 2021, 03:09 pm »
This really awful news. I like someone above also emailed him about two weeks ago. I had also not received a reply which was slightly worrisome. He always had gotten back to me the  day usually. My wife and I both met him at the last Axpona. We both liked him very much. I had talked to him for hours on the phone. I have 11 channels of Cherry Amps. I was going to buy 4 more. What a shame. I will never sell these amps. They are the only equipment I will never sell. RIP Tommy. I am so depressed.

RonN5

« Reply #23 on: 17 Dec 2021, 03:27 pm »
First and most important, condolences to Tommy's family; may you find strength in the weeks to come.

The strongest praise I can give to Tommy is to say that the amplifiers he created five years ago continue to equal and often exceed most of the amplifiers be produced today.  All designers final tune their amplifiers by ear...Tommy had two of the best ears in the business.

You will be missed but not forgotten.

TomS

« Reply #24 on: 17 Dec 2021, 04:04 pm »
So sad, such a shock. Condolences go out to his family and friends.

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #25 on: 17 Dec 2021, 04:24 pm »
  In total shock. A great Man and fun to be with. RIP my friend.

charles

rodge827

« Reply #26 on: 17 Dec 2021, 07:31 pm »
He died of complications from Covid. He was in text communication with me when he first was diagnosed, and wanted some treatment advice. Last text I received was on Friday 12/10 that said he was improving.  I reached out multiple times over the past week and didn’t hear back I am very saddened over this news.  Tommy was a single father of three children Please keep them in your hearts and prayers during this difficult time.

There are only a few really good guys in audio and Tommy was one of them head and shoulders above the rest. Although his passion was creating fine pieces of audio gear his true love and proudest accomplishment were his three children. Many times over the years I would received a text or an email describing something that one of his kids had done that he would be absolutely over the moon about.

Tommy was a friend of the truest sense of the word he will be sadly missed.

Emil

« Reply #27 on: 17 Dec 2021, 07:44 pm »
Tommy was a single father of three children Please keep them in your hearts and prayers during this difficult time.

OMG
How old are the kids?

rodge827

« Reply #28 on: 17 Dec 2021, 07:55 pm »
I never met them but will do my best. He had a son and two daughters. Son is in early 20’s, middle daughter late teens- early 20’s and youngest 13ish as best I can recollect. Tommy and I would chat occasionally over the phone about audio, life, family, music, etc…We live about 3 hours apart and tried many times to get together but life always happened and we kept putting it off. We did get together at a couple of AC raves here in NJ.

ctviggen

« Reply #29 on: 17 Dec 2021, 08:10 pm »
Do you know if he got anything, such as monoclonal antibodies? Did he have health insurance? 

That is a really depressing situation, and I feel for the family. 

rodge827

« Reply #30 on: 17 Dec 2021, 08:15 pm »
He had medical insurance. Not sure if he got the antibodies. He was in the hospital for a couple of days when communication stopped. He was healthy with none of the common co-morbidities that we know are factors with C19. I was in the dark till I read this thread a little while ago.

ctviggen

« Reply #31 on: 17 Dec 2021, 08:28 pm »
It's a difficult disease, as this shows.  Some people get it like a cold (my brother, for instance).  Others get hammered. 

There's a possible genetic component: if you have certain genes, you can produce a "super" antibody that sets off many antibodies.  This leads to the so-called cytokine storm, which is very dangerous. 

Randy64

« Reply #32 on: 17 Dec 2021, 08:56 pm »
Got a chance to talk to Tommy over the phone maybe 4 times. Those conversations probably went on for 30 to 45 minutes. Nice man who loved his kids. Very sorry to you kids if you read this message my prayers for you. Your dad was a joy for me to talk to. I have his King STM. very musical.  Brilliant man!

VinceT

« Reply #33 on: 17 Dec 2021, 11:23 pm »
My thoughts and prayers go out to the family

Barry_NJ

• So much media... So little time...

2bigears

« Reply #35 on: 18 Dec 2021, 12:34 am »
 God Bless from the audio world. 

jonbee

« Reply #37 on: 18 Dec 2021, 02:24 am »
Thanks Barry
For his kids. From the campaign:
"Tom passed away Dec 14th and as a single Dad he leaves his 3 children behind. Jake 21 yo and Athena , 18yo are both in college while 13yo Brynn is in 8th grade. Unfortunately the kids have no access to Tom's bank accounts and are without funds for day to day expenses and the funeral they are having to arrange. They are going to need all the support we as a community can give them, please help keep this young family together."
The organizer is a prominent long time woman real estate agent in the area. Looks ok to me, so I donated.
« Last Edit: 18 Dec 2021, 03:55 am by jonbee »

RDavidson

« Reply #38 on: 18 Dec 2021, 03:32 am »
Oh my. This is awful. RIP Tommy.
My heart goes out to the kids. :(

I.Greyhound Fan

« Reply #39 on: 18 Dec 2021, 01:00 pm »
It's a difficult disease, as this shows.  Some people get it like a cold (my brother, for instance).  Others get hammered. 

There's a possible genetic component: if you have certain genes, you can produce a "super" antibody that sets off many antibodies.  This leads to the so-called cytokine storm, which is very dangerous.

Very sad.  Condolences to the family.

Covid also causes clotting and you can die from Pulmonary Emobi, Stroke, Heart attack.  It causes pulmonary fibrosis and in some cases Lung Transplant.  It causes acute and chronic kidney failure (leading to dialysis or kindney transplant), cardiomyopathy leading to heart failure and possible eventual heart transplant.  There are many ways to die from COIVD, not just COVID pneumonia or ARDS.  If you get COVID, at around days 10 is the turning point.  You will either get better or worse.  I see it all the time in my practice.  The ones that are getting worse are mainly the unvaccinated.