Looking to buy a new DAC and my first SACD player

siava1018

Looking to buy a new DAC and my first SACD player
« on: 19 Aug 2010, 06:55 pm »
This winter im lookin step up my audio by getin a new dac for my imac and a SACD.  Im in the process of getting a pair of GR-N3s a virtue one.2(battery) and DIY Dodd battery buffer. 

Im looking to spend around $300 for each but im willing to spend more while keeping the bill under $1000.  Ive been lookin at the sony scd-ce595($100 refurb) and a modded lite dac-ah or a keces DA-131 Mk2(both on battery pwr).  Im trying to keep it as low as possible because i need to get SACDs and some more hi-rez downloads. Any other SACD players or DACs I should look at?

DSD_Mastering

Re: Looking to buy a new DAC and my first SACD player
« Reply #1 on: 20 Aug 2010, 04:52 am »
I am sure you can find an Oppo pretty cheap, which will play just about anything.

Atlplasma

• Just off the boat
« Reply #2 on: 20 Aug 2010, 10:42 am »
A used Oppo 980 would be nice if you can find one. On DACs, I recently bought a POP Pulse 1796 and have been very happy with it. It's a great high rez dac for not much money.

decal

« Reply #3 on: 20 Aug 2010, 12:23 pm »
Keep a close watch on the Sony Style website for a refurbished 595,only $60.00 and shipping was free when I got mine.They will even take it back for a full refund if you don't like it,can't beat that!! They get snatched up real quick so you have to watch the site daily(I was watching for about a month when I finally got mine).I use it in my bedroom system and couldn't be happier.This player performs WAY above it's price,even at $100.00 that you mentioned.IMHO,the 595 is the #1 SACD player for budget minded systems.BTW,I have a LITE DAC Ah(unmodified) I'll let go,if interested PM me.

siava1018

« Reply #4 on: 21 Aug 2010, 09:59 pm »
pm sent