Speaker waiting

sfox7076

Speaker waiting
« on: 30 Aug 2014, 05:20 pm »
My HT2-TLs sold today.  Was not majorly anxious to get my exotica 3s until now.   Song surround IIs are fine as fronts for a few days, but weeks will be hard. 

Ace Deprave

Re: Speaker waiting
« Reply #1 on: 30 Aug 2014, 09:06 pm »
When I ordered my Veracity STs, it was tax return time, so it took almost 4 months for them to be made. The wait was worth it in the end, but it sure was painful!

Big Red Machine

« Reply #2 on: 30 Aug 2014, 09:38 pm »
 :violin: :violin: :violin: :violin: :violin:

robcentola

« Reply #3 on: 31 Aug 2014, 10:57 am »
:violin: :violin: :violin: :violin: :violin:
  Ha!

I'm waiting too, but the second time isn't nearly as tough as the first.

I'm struggling over whether I'm keeping my ST's or selling them upon the Veracity ST arrival. I'll most likely will have to sell to fund the second half and I really have nowhere to put them. Makes me a little sad, but I'm guessing that sadness will end when the new and sexier speakers get here and I'll miss my ST's the way I miss an old girlfriend from high school.

Luxury problems...................

SCompRacer

« Reply #4 on: 31 Aug 2014, 07:09 pm »
I'd loan you some patience but I'm fresh out...lol Congrats on your Exotica 3's. :thumb:

hogzilla

« Reply #5 on: 2 Sep 2014, 02:20 pm »
Yup. I'm waiting too. Only a few weeks or so, but man is it going to a looooong few weeks. And unlike some, I am stuck with a pair of Best Buy bought Polks till they show up. I think the upgrade will be well worth the wait though. Also waiting for Frank to build me a Fet Valve CF preamp. That should be done pretty soon! :D

robcentola

« Reply #6 on: 2 Sep 2014, 02:55 pm »
HA. Well, when I waitied for my ST's, I had computer speakers to hold me over. Yes, it was definitely worth the wait.  :thumb:

hogzilla

« Reply #7 on: 2 Sep 2014, 03:11 pm »
I had computer speakers to hold me over.

WOW! That's a heck of a jump up!

DEP14

« Reply #8 on: 2 Sep 2014, 11:17 pm »
To quote Tom Petty "The waiting is the hardest part."   

My smurfscapes are in for a refinish now along with my center channel completion.  The waiting is tough for sure.

robcentola

« Reply #9 on: 3 Sep 2014, 04:14 pm »
To quote Tom Petty "The waiting is the hardest part."   

My smurfscapes are in for a refinish now along with my center channel completion.  The waiting is tough for sure.

Nice. What was your color decision?

sfox7076

« Reply #10 on: 3 Sep 2014, 05:37 pm »
If I recall, he went green.

DEP14

« Reply #11 on: 3 Sep 2014, 07:02 pm »
Nice. What was your color decision?

So I was going to go green, and while my wife could care less what color I get (seriously, she's great about that) she has suggested that I sometimes have issues with keeping audio equipment long-term and should play it a bit safer.

After almost 18 years of marriage, I'm going to take her advice finally.

So, I'm having Jim shoot for a carmelly/espresso type color on this guitar.  This happened to be a tamo ash, so hopefully a good representation if we can get close.  I fear too much brown, but like this color.  I actually cut the sunburst effect out of this picture.

robcentola

« Reply #12 on: 3 Sep 2014, 07:17 pm »
So I was going to go green, and while my wife could care less what color I get (seriously, she's great about that) she has suggested that I sometimes have issues with keeping audio equipment long-term and should play it a bit safer.

After almost 18 years of marriage, I'm going to take her advice finally.

So, I'm having Jim shoot for a carmelly/espresso type color on this guitar.  This happened to be a tamo ash, so hopefully a good representation if we can get close.  I fear too much brown, but like this color.  I actually cut the sunburst effect out of this picture.

Very nice. Great choice! I was hoping it would be something like that. You're stoked.

It's nice nice having an agreeable wife too. We're lucky.

Ok, now I have to click refresh on my project tracker for the tenth time today.  :thumb:

DEP14

« Reply #13 on: 3 Sep 2014, 07:33 pm »

Very nice. Great choice! I was hoping it would be something like that. You're stoked.

It's nice nice having an agreeable wife too. We're lucky.

Ok, now I have to click refresh on my project tracker for the tenth time today.  :thumb:

I thought I was the only one that wore the project tracker refresh out....

It's almost worse, I had the main speakers and now have been without them for almost 2 weeks. 

JonnyFive

« Reply #14 on: 3 Sep 2014, 08:16 pm »
I think the espresso/caramel is a great choice.  It's going to look very classy. :)

laulau

« Reply #15 on: 3 Sep 2014, 10:24 pm »

I still think Jim should load that Tracker web page with a bunch of banner ads...he'd make a killing off the traffic.   :D

Austin08

« Reply #16 on: 3 Sep 2014, 11:10 pm »
It would be interesting if Jim could show how many click on the tracker per day and who dominate that button the most..... :lol: :lol:

sfox7076

« Reply #17 on: 4 Sep 2014, 12:22 am »
I agree on the new color choice.  I am a fan.  I went for a different sort of veneer.  We will see how it turns out.  I think it looks awesome, but we will see once it is done.  Still waiting on third coat of sealer...  And now I have a friend who is interested in discussing all the crossover parts.  Nuts.

Ace Deprave

« Reply #18 on: 4 Sep 2014, 12:04 pm »
It would be interesting if Jim could show how many click on the tracker per day and who dominate that button the most..... :lol: :lol:

I definitely would have topped the list while I was waiting!

Big Red Machine

« Reply #19 on: 4 Sep 2014, 01:31 pm »
My speaks are not in the tracker.  Not the normal process I guess.