Nuforce Ref 8/8b V2

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
Nuforce Ref 8/8b V2
« on: 2 Jan 2008, 09:44 am »
All the Ref 8/8b customers can upgrade to V2 and 200W power (the original Ref 8/8b is 100W) for a low price of $500 per unit. You can order from your dealer but if you have no dealer, order it from us (go to the Help Desk on our website under support and file a ticket for upgrade, provide all the information)

I know there might not be that many Ref 8/8b customers out since it was only sold in 2005. This offer is a demonstration of our commitment to customers and the flexibility of our platform.

We will accept NEW orders for Ref 8/8b V2 for $995/unit while supplies last (still have some parts left). This is the most powerful, smallest and lightest monoblock in the world: 3 lb, 8"x5", 200W@4ohm, 160W@8ohm.  Whoa!

bostonaudi

Re: Nuforce Ref 8/8b V2
« Reply #1 on: 2 Jan 2008, 08:03 pm »
All the Ref 8/8b customers can upgrade to V2 and 200W power (the original Ref 8/8b is 100W) for a low price of $500 per unit. You can order from your dealer but if you have no dealer, order it from us (go to the Help Desk on our website under support and file a ticket for upgrade, provide all the information)

I know there might not be that many Ref 8/8b customers out since it was only sold in 2005. This offer is a demonstration of our commitment to customers and the flexibility of our platform.

We will accept NEW orders for Ref 8/8b V2 for $995/unit while supplies last (still have some parts left). This is the most powerful, smallest and lightest monoblock in the world: 3 lb, 8"x5", 200W@4ohm, 160W@8ohm.  Whoa!

How does this work, do I send amps back to Nuforce, or do you send upgrade parts and I upgrade amps myself? I have the older Ref 8.02's and am interested in upgrading.

thanks, John

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #2 on: 4 Jan 2008, 11:32 am »
If you're in the USA, we should perform the upgrade for you (ground shipping is very cheap with these little thing).  If you're outside of US, contact the distributor or ship to Nuforce.

Alternatively, if you can solder, you can perform the upgrade yourself.
To upgrade, go to the Support Help Desk and register for a ticket, assign the ticket to the Upgrade Department. Make sure you provide contact information. Wait for us to response to your ticket.

Jason

muffin

« Reply #3 on: 16 Jan 2008, 06:57 pm »
Any listening comparisons between Ref 8/8b V2 and other V2 versions? :scratch:
Which other V2-version does the Ref 8/8b come closest to?

Best regards
muffin

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #4 on: 17 Jan 2008, 06:46 am »
Ref 8.5V2.  Identical V2 board, cap board, power supply.

All our high-end amp products (mono, multi-channel, integrated) use the same V2 board.
The consumer line (Icon-1 being the first) uses a single chip IC base on the high-end amp circuit.

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #5 on: 18 Jan 2008, 01:06 pm »
Note that the surplus Ref 8V2 price of $995 is for US only.  International customers should expect to pay more in your local price due to shipping, local support and import duties.

Ref 8.5V2 cost $250 more than Ref 8V2 because 1) Ref 8V2 is surplus stocks and only available while supplies last; 2) Ref 8V2 can not be upgraded to Ref 9V2 etc; 3) Ref 8.5V2 has better chassis build quality than Ref 8V2

Telstar

« Reply #6 on: 7 Feb 2008, 12:20 am »
Note that the surplus Ref 8V2 price of $995 is for US only.  International customers should expect to pay more in your local price due to shipping, local support and import duties.

Ref 8.5V2 cost $250 more than Ref 8V2 because 1) Ref 8V2 is surplus stocks and only available while supplies last; 2) Ref 8V2 can not be upgraded to Ref 9V2 etc; 3) Ref 8.5V2 has better chassis build quality than Ref 8V2

Hello, I cannot find the power amps on the online store: could you provide a link?
thanks.

styx

« Reply #7 on: 9 Feb 2008, 07:15 pm »
I've got a couple of the old 8.01's from March '05 and am considering upgrading them at some point. What kind of improvements can I expect with the V2 upgrade? Will this offer last indefinitely?

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #8 on: 11 Feb 2008, 11:58 am »
Hello, I cannot find the power amps on the online store: could you provide a link?

You have to order the V2 upgrade from a dealer or distributor. We do not sell the high-end products directly to end user unless you have difficulty finding a dealer. If you're in the uSA, order the upgrade from any dealer but you can ship the Ref 8 directly to Nuforce.
If you're an international customer, order it from the distributor and we'll ship the parts to him.

The improvement from Ref 8 to Ref 8V2 are:
1) Power. From 100W to 200W
2) V2 is the 2nd generation amplifier technology from Nuforce and the difference between V1 and V2 is well documented in many online reviews.
Here's the latest: http://stereotimes.com/amp020808.shtml
There are many more review links on our website.