Yoo-Hoo... any GB1's out there?

Allezvite

« on: 10 Jun 2004, 02:22 pm »
Although two Toronto area dealers have promised arrival of their demo pairs of PMC GB1's "any day now" I have yet to see / hear them in action anywhere.

Does anyone have a review comment about the GB1's?  Heard 'em? bought 'em?

I'm looking forward to a test drive and wondered if any of you have heard them with a Bryston amp.

Cheers,

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #1 on: 11 Jun 2004, 02:33 pm »
Yes the GB1 has been in short supply - they are truly exceptional speakers.
Ovation Audio in Aurora just got a pair yesterday.

james

Allezvite

GB-1's
« Reply #2 on: 12 Jun 2004, 01:58 pm »
Thanks for the update James.  When I was in the car business, it always seemed like if we ever had any "hot" product it was usually the one in short supply.  It's always a challenge to fill the pipeline with product before press or advertising hits.  

Just after I read your post my wife said:  "Oh yeah, you have a voice message from some guy named Mike at Ovation Audio".  GRRR... with 3 women in my house monopolizing the phone, I never get my messages.

I think I'll just have to toodle over for a listen.

rleeman

GB1 review
« Reply #3 on: 12 Jun 2004, 10:31 pm »
I listened to the GB1s when auditioning with a friend recently. They were a bit smaller than I imagined but remarkable for their size. The GB1s seem to share the "family voice" of their larger brothers the FB1s (and OB1s which I own). They have excellent clarity & timber and please the listener on the middle to upper frequencies. Impressive base for their size. My friend was very tempted by the GB1s but has settled on the larger FB1s due to their bigger voice and low frequency extension over the GB1s. He's waiting for the FB1+ loudspeakers which will be rolling out shortly (see other articles for info). Definitely worth a listen and a serious contender for people who appreciate quality. Consider if you don't have a particularly big room to fill with music or your budget won't stretch to the FB1s or OB1s.
Richard Leeman, Hertfordshire, England