SP1.7 settings clarification

Levi

« on: 5 Jun 2004, 03:18 pm »
I am curious about the PLII settings.  Has anyone played around the Center, Dimension and Panorama settings?  For Example Center width default is 3.  What does 0 does?  7?  

The DTS Center setting is also not discused futher in the manual.

I left them on it's default settings.

jethro

« Reply #1 on: 9 Jun 2004, 12:44 am »
Levi,

I have played around with the PLII music center setting because at a default setting of 3, my center seemed to be the only speaker playing. I'm not sure if I adjusted the value down to 0 or to 7, but one or the other adds more of the center channel into the front left and rear, giving (in my setup) a more even wall of sound. My center is not a good match for my left and right fronts so 3 might be a good value for people with better matched speakers. It should be obvious from trying both extremes which adds more of the center to the left and rights.

I actually like PLII music, but I find the rears are distracting. When I get the matching IB1 center, I'm going to play with the rears turned off in PLII music.

Page 29 of the SP-1.7 on Bryston's web site has a pretty good description of the DTS center value. Page 28 describes  the PLII music settings but it isn't as detailed.

Levi

« Reply #2 on: 9 Jun 2004, 03:36 am »
Thanks Jethro for the information.

I found more information about those settings when I did a google search on PLii center/panorama settings.  I found ATI ATP8500.1 pre-pro manual explains it even further.  Here is the link: http://www.ati-amp.com/manuals/8500-1.pdf