19 (46.3%)
BDP-pi
1 (2.4%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Quick survey for Bryston BDP owners

schmidtmike76

Re: Quick survey for Bryston BDP owners
« Reply #20 on: 18 Sep 2016, 12:58 pm »
Thank you tie_breaker greatly appreciated.

Grit

• - Garrett
« Reply #21 on: 19 Sep 2016, 07:49 am »
Thanks a ton for posting your impressions. I'm surprised the bdp-2 has to be rebooted to switch inputs.

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #22 on: 19 Sep 2016, 12:39 pm »
Thanks a ton for posting your impressions. I'm surprised the bdp-2 has to be rebooted to switch inputs.

If your using mpd or Roon it doesn't

tie_breaker

« Reply #23 on: 19 Sep 2016, 05:46 pm »

Chris, when I was testing, the bdp-2 was Roon enabled. I initially had bdp-2 connected to bda-3 via both aes/ebu and usb at the same time.  When switching between channels on the bda-3, it was outputting sound via usb but no sound via aes/ebu.  I thought this was due to bdp-2, so I rebooted a few times both bdp-2 and bda-3 to no avail. As soon as I removed the usb cable from both units and rebooted both, I was able to get sound again from the aes channel on bda-3.  Based on your comment, bdp-2 is outputting from both aes and usb channels, but my bda-3 is not as I was not getting any sound from the aes channel.  This is interesting because when I have both aes and spdif connected I can switch between channels on the bda-3.
Thx..

CanadianMaestro

• Restricted
  • Skepticism is the engine of progress
    • Hearing Everything That Nothing Can Measure
« Reply #24 on: 19 Sep 2016, 06:20 pm »
^ sounds like the USB lane is over-riding the AES one. Blocking AES's channel?

alexone

• Anthony Bower, Stan Rybbert, John Stoneborough
« Reply #25 on: 19 Sep 2016, 09:25 pm »
i have a BDP-1/BDA-1 combo :green: needless to say that it sounds great...however, i have around 95.000 songs all the way up from mp3 to hires 192/24 (btw more hires than mp3). i prefer to buy vinyl and do the recordings by myself with the help of the Korg MR 2000 which can do DSD recordings up to 5.6 MHz. these MHz recordings are then turned into 176.4/24 wave files via Audiogate (the DSD recordings are kept as well!). preamp is currently the SP2 in combination with a 3B SST². so this setup forced me not to touch my cd's for a loooooong time. but just yesterday i decided to grap a few of them and play them with the BCD-1. and WOW! what a fresh and precise playing machine the BCD-1 is :thumb: :thumb:. absolutely clean. very impressive.
it's no secret that the BDP-1 can get in trouble if you want a playlist with 95.000 songs :duh:...but honestly - who needs a playlist like this?? not me :D

long story short: simply a reliable and high quality system!

may the sound be with you 8)

al.

« Last Edit: 20 Sep 2016, 08:44 am by alexone »

CanadianMaestro

• Restricted
« Reply #26 on: 19 Sep 2016, 09:40 pm »
i have a BDP-1/BDA-1 combo :green: needless to say that it sounds great...however, i have around 95.000 songs all the way up from mp3 to hires 192/24 (btw more hires than mp3). i prefer to buy vinyl and do the recordings by myself with the help of the Korg MR 2000 which can do DSD recordings up to 5.6 MHz. these MHz recordings are then turned into 176.4/24 wave files via Audiogate (the DSD recordings are kept as well!). preamp is currently the SP2 in combination with a 3B SST². so this setup forced me not to touch my cd's for a loooooong time. but just yesterday i decided to grap a few of them and play them with the BCD-1. and WOW! what fresh and precise playing machine the BCD-1 is :thumb: :thumb:. absolutely clean. very impressive.
it's no secret that the BDP-1 can get in trouble if you want a playlist with 95.000 songs :duh:...but honestly - who needs a playlist like this?? not me :D

long story short: simply a reliable and high quality system!

may the sound be with you 8)

al.

+1 Alex......all the talk about CDs being obsolete.....

Love the BCD-1 feeding my BDA-1 as a transport.  :thumb:

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #27 on: 19 Sep 2016, 11:49 pm »
Chris, when I was testing, the bdp-2 was Roon enabled. I initially had bdp-2 connected to bda-3 via both aes/ebu and usb at the same time.  When switching between channels on the bda-3, it was outputting sound via usb but no sound via aes/ebu.  I thought this was due to bdp-2, so I rebooted a few times both bdp-2 and bda-3 to no avail. As soon as I removed the usb cable from both units and rebooted both, I was able to get sound again from the aes channel on bda-3.  Based on your comment, bdp-2 is outputting from both aes and usb channels, but my bda-3 is not as I was not getting any sound from the aes channel.  This is interesting because when I have both aes and spdif connected I can switch between channels on the bda-3.
Thx..

For Roon there are advance settings that can be accessed within either the services page or the Roon controller itself to customize output settings, like USB vs spdif or to enable DoP or software volume controls.

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #28 on: 19 Sep 2016, 11:55 pm »
^ sounds like the USB lane is over-riding the AES one. Blocking AES's channel?

If the setting remain untouched yes, but once a selection has been made from the advance page it remains the priority device

Grit

• - Garrett
« Reply #29 on: 20 Sep 2016, 08:03 am »

Oh, well, that explains why I've never had to reboot.   :thumb:

alexone

• Anthony Bower, Stan Rybbert, John Stoneborough
« Reply #30 on: 20 Sep 2016, 08:43 am »
hi, CM!

...my BCD-1 goes analog (rca) into the SP2 (using the SP2's bypass function, of course :thumb:).

hmmmm, what a sweet sound :green:

al.

CanadianMaestro

• Restricted
« Reply #31 on: 20 Sep 2016, 11:36 am »
hi, CM!

...my BCD-1 goes analog (rca) into the SP2 (using the SP2's bypass function, of course :thumb:).

hmmmm, what a sweet sound :green:

al.

It's a great player -- in both modes -- direct or as a transport!   :thumb:

pete