Help me identify this modification/parts - Musical Fidelity A308 integrated amp

jjss49

I recently purchased a used, nice condition Musical Fidelity A308 integrated amp.  It works well and sounds great.  I opened the top and I did notice what looks like significant modifications of the original factory capacitors throughout the unit.  Below are photos.  Note the banks of caps sitting on wood blocks on top of the power transformers... and there seems to be replaced silver colored caps all over the main circuit board as well.  The caps are not marked with branding, also no values can be seen.  Below the pics of my unit are a link to an old for sale ad of a stock unit... the pics in it are not great but one can see the black original caps... 

I am curious to know, if knowledgeable people here can tell me, what these modded caps are and any other thoughts or comments you might have.  I will repeat, the amp is dead quiet and sounds great.

Here is the link to photos of the innards of what should be a stock unit:

https://www.hifi4sale.net/t73965-musical-fidelity-a308-integrated-amplifiersold

OSIB16

Looks like the modder has stripped off the plastic capacitor sleeves for the purpose of increasing the sound transparency. It is a common belief amongst many hardcore hifi modifiers that you can get an extra boost in transparency by having naked capacitors (without the sleeves). You need to contact the guy who did the work, then ask him which ones he used.