Meet

senad

Meet
« on: 28 May 2007, 11:35 pm »
This must be the most letargic thread on AudioCircle!
C'mon people, how about getting together? There hasn't been a meet in Boston for a long time, did everybody leave Massachusetts for good?

I can help with 1000+ sq. feet of open space in Charlestown, in former warehouse building with planty of parking space and freight elevator. How about it?

RonB

Re: Meet
« Reply #1 on: 30 May 2007, 07:56 pm »
Lets Do It!

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #2 on: 30 May 2007, 08:50 pm »
Ok, what gear will we be listening to?

George

senad

Meet
« Reply #3 on: 31 May 2007, 04:24 am »
I don't know George, I guess that depends on what you are planning to bring with you.  :wink:

There seems to be a number of interested New Englanders on Head-Fi.com. If we can get large enough group of people to join, I'll try to put something together for either first half of July or first half of August. If you know other AudioCircle members from New England, please invite them to join the thread. For people on the thread, please post a list of equipment you would be willing to bring with you and let me know what dates work best for you. I will also try to get in touch with some of the site sponsors here and at the Head-Fi.com and see if any of them would be interested in joining us and demoing their products. The space I mentioned before has a small conference room that can be used for headphone equipment and plenty of open space for everything else. The space also has two 20,000 BTU AC units, so a hot summer weather will not be a problem. I will need to clear the meet with the building management ones we agree on date, but that should not be a problem.

You are all welcome to contribute your comments and suggestions. :D

TF1216

• Facilitator
« Reply #4 on: 31 May 2007, 11:09 am »
Nice!  I have a 2-way with a Hiquphon OW4 in a waveguide I could bring.  Depending on the date, I could possibly have another speaker to bring.

I could bring some amplification too.

I am game!!

sts9fan

« Reply #5 on: 31 May 2007, 02:20 pm »
I would be interested.  Could maybe bring an amp.  Speakers would be tough.

stereocilia

« Reply #6 on: 1 Jun 2007, 05:31 pm »

I'm ready.  I could bring my cd player.  I'm not schlepping my 185 lb. speakers, though.

sts9fan

« Reply #7 on: 1 Jun 2007, 06:05 pm »
Slacker

stereocilia

« Reply #8 on: 2 Jun 2007, 12:22 am »

Fine, I'll bring them.  But YOU have to carry the grilles.

stereocilia

« Reply #9 on: 6 Jun 2007, 01:18 pm »
This must be the most letargic thread on AudioCircle!
C'mon people, how about getting together? There hasn't been a meet in Boston for a long time, did everybody leave Massachusetts for good?

I can help with 1000+ sq. feet of open space in Charlestown, in former warehouse building with planty of parking space and freight elevator. How about it?

Tryin' to keep this alive: did you have a day or time in mind?

mezzrow

« Reply #10 on: 6 Jun 2007, 03:46 pm »
I would be interested in this, if it is still a possibility.  I live in Boston and I have an office in Medford where I keep my "extras."  I have quite a few extras at the moment...what types of equipment are people interested in?

sts9fan

« Reply #11 on: 6 Jun 2007, 03:54 pm »
I would say ANYTHING. 

mezzrow

« Reply #12 on: 6 Jun 2007, 04:01 pm »
I took a quick inventory and I am slightly embarrassed by how much extra equipment I actually have here...I'm glad my wife doesn't read this thread.  I have:

EVS 500M icepower monoblocks
EVS-modified Toshiba 4960
Belles 250i integrated
TAD-150 Signature pre and TAD-60 amp
Dodd Reference pre
Reference Line Active pre
California Audio Labs CL-10
Stan Warren-modified Pioneer DV-333
Odyssey Audio Nightingale speakers
Renaissance Prelude speakers
ADS L 1290 speakers

Also assorted smaller speakers and a couple of DACs and players at home that could travel...

beemer

« Reply #13 on: 6 Jun 2007, 11:16 pm »
Hey all:

Well planned and should be well-attended Mass. meet coming up.

Link:

http://audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=110581

See you there!

Paul  :green: