Great ISF Calibration in New Engalnd

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
Great ISF Calibration in New Engalnd
« on: 19 Sep 2006, 11:29 pm »
Just wanted to say that I had Jim Doolittle over today to calibrate my new Sony KDS-60A2000 rear pj SXRD tv.

Jim had state of the art equipment and obviously knew how to use it.  More info on that equipment can be found here:

http://www.imagingscience.com/isf_results.cfm?temp=6&Country1=none&State1=MA&dlr_status=CAL)

I asked Jim to basically optimize the set in general, as well as really dial in the HD receiver and Oppo upsampling DVD player.  Both are connected to the Sony via HDMI cables from Bluejeanscable.com

Well, I have to say that the picture that I get now from both sources is stunning!!   Thumbs up Thumbs up

Phantom of the Opera happend to by on HBO HD during the calibration, and I watched the picture improve as Jim tweaked the picture by eye after doing the greyscale and color by using his expensive calibration gear.

Simply put, images have a film like quality and the color isn't too hot or vibrant.  There is more detail and less ringing and shadowing around the images.  I couldn't be happier with what I am seeing!

Jim was a pleasure to talk to, and was open to discuss whatever I threw at him.  I appreciated his friendly, honest, and straight forward approach.  It is clear that Jim has a passion for video and that this is more than a job.  While this isn't a requirement to doing a good job, I find that it usally helps.

I am not entirely positive how much of the New England Jim covers, but if you are even remotely contemplating having your tv, plasma, or pj calibrated in this area, contact Jim ASAP and have him work his magic.

I'll post some pics soon, but I doubt my photography skills will match Jim's calibration skills.

Highly recommended!   Not Worthy

George

jermmd

Re: Great ISF Calibration in New Engalnd
« Reply #1 on: 19 Sep 2006, 11:44 pm »
George,

Did you have him look at your Panny projectors?

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #2 on: 19 Sep 2006, 11:51 pm »
George,

Did you have him look at your Panny projectors?

Nope.

Doesn't make much sense in my current use of the pj's in bedrooms to spend the money on calibration.

Jim will be back when I am done with the new HT.

George

StevenACNJ

« Reply #3 on: 20 Sep 2006, 10:36 am »
George you wrote:

"Simply put, images have a film like quality and the color isn't too hot or vibrant"

This is exactly what I got when Chad calibrated my Panny plasma. This film like result does blow your socks off.  :thumb:

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #4 on: 29 Sep 2006, 07:08 am »
I'm really glad to hear that things worked out for you George,,,,, enjoy!  :thumb: BTW, have you thought about backgound lighting that'll enhance the picture even more while reducing eyestrain? Levi had some awesome pictures of his Ideal-Lume installation and I can attest to it's effectiveness. Take a look: