SUPER ALNICO MONITOR IMPRESSIONS:

Audiophile58

Re: SUPER ALNICO MONITOR IMPRESSIONS:
« Reply #20 on: 4 May 2015, 12:05 pm »
One thing I want to mention here and it is important . I have had several amplifiers with Omega and other speakers in the past .i owned a audio shop while in the U.K and had anything you can imagine
In amplification .my point is  WPC Watts Per Channel  is far from accurate.

My current 18 wpc SET amp has much better control then a 80 wpc amplifier at 1/2 the cost
There is no set standard. You rarely will have a amplifier that is stable Continuous  from 20Hz- 20kHz
Under full load . Many companies test under parameters sometimes for one second burst.that to them is a true statement.
Your power supplies and transformers are your meat and potatoes in the stability of your amplifier .
My set 18 watt unit is over 50 lbs. I have a Harmon 80 watt receiver only 20 lbs.
This is why everything it is not always as it seems a pass labs 100 watt amp weighs 95 lbs.
That is why look under the hood or research it first ,if possible.when the music gets loud or complex that is where
The amplifier  earns it Pay and it's transformers - power supplies do their job
Digital amps are different in that respect ,but still must be properly engineered.

Audiophile58

Re: SUPER ALNICO MONITOR IMPRESSIONS:
« Reply #21 on: 6 May 2015, 08:38 am »
This is my 3 Rd pair of Omega speakers .I have maybe 12 hours on them
Even with my SET amp on them there us a bit of bite on top. That being said .playing  voice like
Art Garfunkle and the purity in with the SET amp with the Alnico 6 is magical. The music just floats almost 3 dimentional.

I have owned many $$ Mega buck speakers such as the YG Carmels I sold last year flanked with JL audio subs
They never gave me this perspective . I will say one more thing even new with my sub off these little bastards
Can rock .hitting stride with the late Joe Cocker - RIP .when not home I just let play my Red Wine amp.

Breakin Sucks no other way to put it kindly. The flower must bud before it can bloom I guess.
Patience truly is a virtue ,for I have None !!