SOLD: Marchand Electronics XM-66 2-way active variable crossover

pstrisik

• Holding pattern in Audio Nirvana in the PNW!
This is quite a high quality and versatile piece.  Allows for splitting the low level signal (between DAC and pre or pre and amp, for example) at an adjustable frequency point.  Single ended (RCA) connections.  Has level controls for each output, damping control for adjusting level of the crossover frequency, phase switch, summing for single sub, and more.  Crossover slope at 24db/octave providing for Linkwitz-Riley network configuration.

Use as crossover to bi-amp woofers/tweeters or between main speakers and subwoofer(s).  Re-direct the high power demand of bass frequencies away from the main speakers and main amp for clearer and less congested mids and highs.  Active crossovers split the signal at the low level (before the amplifiers).  This results in higher sound quality than passive crossovers that split the high level signal (after the amplifiers). 

Here is a graphic representation of typical setup:

Resulting in:

Marchand product page:  http://www.marchandelec.com/xm66-electronic-crossover.html

Original non-smoking owner.  Approximately three years in service in one place.  Excellent condition cosmetically and functionally.  All original factory parts, manual, packing.  New is $850.  For sale at $620 plus transaction costs, if any, and half, since I am in Alaska, of actual shipping cost to anywhere in the US (16lb, 21"x18"x7" from 99509).  Asking price is reasonable and firm.  You typically do not see these for sale at all on the used market.

Feel free to ask questions and I will do my best to answer.

.......Peter

« Last Edit: 30 Aug 2018, 02:50 am by pstrisik »

WireNut

Nice unit and great price. I have the XM-44 and really like it. If I had the cash I'd take it. Good luck with the sale.

pstrisik

Thanks Wirenut,

I had the XM-9 before the 66 (I think that's similar to the XM44).  The variable crossover is much preferred than switching out those modules!  Makes setup and tweaking so much easier.

......Peter

WireNut

I hear ya. I must have at least 20 different modules for my XM-44 at $15.00 a pop. :popcorn:

WireNut

Hi Peter, Just my opinion but you might want to keep it .

pstrisik

Hi Peter, Just my opinion but you might want to keep it .

I thought about it.  I'm moving to a configuration in which I really don't need to use it.  Within the next couple of years we will likely move and downsize.  I swear, once all my hifi gear is packed up in their boxes, it will add up to half of everything we will need to move!  (maybe a slight exaggeration, but not by that much  :roll:).  That sways my decision even though I might need it again in the future.

Even tougher decisions remain.  Am I going to move my boxed Inspire tube pre and amp along with another box of tubes, or sell those precious babies?  And the pair of 1960's AR 2ax that I lovingly restored and look and sound like new??  And the two pairs of supertweeters I built from vintage drivers?  On and on! :?

........Peter

pstrisik

Sold.  Thanks everyone!

WireNut

Lucky buyer  :thumb:.