OB H-Frame / A370PEQ / HX800 amp Box Flat Packs / Finished Cabs

Captainhemo

Re: OB H-Frame Flat Packs
« Reply #200 on: 16 Oct 2016, 04:04 am »
Jay,

They look really nice with the sealer. Should really be something with the lacquer.

Mike

Agreed !  I knew once  there was  "something" on them , they'd pop, but  when we were standing there watching the guy spraying the sealer,   I was pretty shocked at just how much  they changed.  Can't wait to see them all finnished up,  hoping I can get the  client to   post some pics when they are set up in his room  :)
I wouldn't hesitate to use this Indian Apple Wood (Tineo) veneer again, beautiful stuff

jay
« Last Edit: 16 Oct 2016, 02:39 pm by Captainhemo »

bdp24

« Reply #201 on: 17 Oct 2016, 12:46 am »
Kenny (the H-frame customer) has put a lot of trust and faith in you and I Jay! He contacted me about the subs after I raved about them and your H-frames a few times on the Audiogon Forum. He had a lot of questions about the subs themselves, which I did my best to answer. But it was after talking to Danny that he was really sold on them ;-). I then put him in touch with you, as he wanted the frames to match the finish on his speakers. Looks like he's getting his wish, 'cause they're beautiful!

Captainhemo

« Reply #202 on: 17 Oct 2016, 02:08 am »
Kenny (the H-frame customer) has put a lot of trust and faith in you and I Jay! He contacted me about the subs after I raved about them and your H-frames a few times on the Audiogon Forum. He had a lot of questions about the subs themselves, which I did my best to answer. But it was after talking to Danny that he was really sold on them ;-). I then put him in touch with you, as he wanted the frames to match the finish on his speakers. Looks like he's getting his wish, 'cause they're beautiful!

Hey Eric
Appreicated the recommendation and we're  getting them as close as possible to his cabinets. After   he send us the chosen veneer,   cut a couple samples and had them lacquerd so we could send them down to him  where he could compare to his  existing cabinets
His wait is  getting close to being over   !

jay
« Last Edit: 17 Oct 2016, 07:21 am by Captainhemo »

Captainhemo

« Reply #203 on: 23 Oct 2016, 03:12 am »
Here we go, 6 coats of  satin lacquer  and  they really do pop

Just need to glue the magnets in the grill frames,  pack them  up ,    and ship them off

jay

ebag4

« Reply #204 on: 23 Oct 2016, 03:29 am »
Those are gorgeous Jay, fantastic job.

Best,
Ed

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #205 on: 23 Oct 2016, 04:03 am »
Purtty!!!  :thumb:

Mike

Captainhemo

« Reply #206 on: 24 Nov 2016, 06:43 pm »
Christmas/New Year's specail

We've got a pair of daul H-frames  for a TG'ing sale price....

These  are with the overhanging tops/bases, one forward-one rearward facing woofer, 1.5"  side panels, tops, & bases,  1"  baffle with pre-drilled  screw hoes and  roundovers on rear of woofer cut outs, and 1"  braces.
They are   recessed for front  grills only.  Grill frames and a set of our amp boxes for the A370/HX800  are included

The set is identical ( aside frm only having front grills)  to the  pair that Ron (Vedder332)  put together back on page 4 of this thread

Reg price with the  2 grill frames and amp boxes is $640 + shipping,  Christmas/New Year's  price  SOLD  :xmas: 

jay
« Last Edit: 24 Dec 2016, 06:11 pm by Captainhemo »

Captainhemo

« Reply #207 on: 22 Dec 2016, 01:26 am »
A couple new projects on the go....
A set of  sloped triples with all woofers facing forward.  He  went with a small  over hang on the tops to eliminate the need to deal with a seam.  These are going out as flat packs

We also added  sloped duals   to our  designs.   Glued this pair up the other day for a customer,.  Flush tops, bot woofers facing forward, , front recessed grills,  .5"  roundovers all the way around.  finish will be  piano black

jay

Danny Richie

« Reply #208 on: 22 Dec 2016, 01:34 am »
Looking good Jay.

Captainhemo

« Reply #209 on: 22 Dec 2016, 05:47 am »
Looking good Jay.

Thanks danny
Both these sets will be  paired with  NX-Ottica's  hence both customers wanted the slped cabinets to match.. 

If anyone is looking for a "tandard" pair of duals, we'll turn post  #206 above into a Christmas/New Years specail :xmas:
Happy Holidays everyone

jay

Captainhemo

« Reply #210 on: 31 Dec 2016, 11:00 pm »
Update on teh India Applewood subs....
So  back in late Oct  when we went to box up the Indaia Applewood subs pictured above, we noticed some issues with the veneer, we just couldn't sen them as we weren't happy with  the job that was done:( 
Decided to call the client and explain the unfortunate situation Disappoiting but he understood and was actually appreciative we didn't ship  them and have  "make the call"
We buuilt out a 2nd pair of cabinets and  this time we did the veneer in house, another lesson learned the hard way 
The 2nd pair arrived  at their new home  just before Xmas (Mery Christmas Ken:xmas: ) and the new owner is getting them  ready for bass duty.  He sent me a few pics today with the drivers installed  and sitting in place with the speakers we  were trying to match

:thumb:

-jay
« Last Edit: 3 Jan 2017, 04:29 am by Captainhemo »

ebag4

« Reply #211 on: 1 Jan 2017, 01:36 am »
Those look fantastic Jay! Is the inset for the grill frame painted or veneered?  I am deciding that right now, the plan at the moment is veneer.

Best,
Ed

Danny Richie

« Reply #212 on: 1 Jan 2017, 01:38 am »
Nice job Jay.

Captainhemo

« Reply #213 on: 1 Jan 2017, 02:03 am »
Thanks guys !.

Ed,  the insets are all veneer too,  was a bit tedious but I think  well worth the effort.  I'll try and get the  owner to get a shot or two without the grill frames at some point. 

jay

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #214 on: 1 Jan 2017, 02:21 am »
Looks good Jay  :thumb:

Mike

bdp24

« Reply #215 on: 2 Jan 2017, 05:17 am »
The veneer on the subs matches that on the owner's speakers really well Jay. Great job! I have been recommending the OB/Dipole sub regularly and frequently in the Audiogon Forum, which is where this owner learned of them. He then contacted me, and I referred him to Danny (who closed the deal and made the sale), and then to you. Hope he likes the sub as much as I predicted he would! It appears he has both his speakers and the subs sitting on Symposium Acoustics isolation platforms. A serious audiophile!

Captainhemo

« Reply #216 on: 3 Jan 2017, 08:29 pm »
thanks Mike ,  Eric.
The customer saw the posts above and forwrded a couple pics withou the grill frames

jay

ebag4

« Reply #217 on: 3 Jan 2017, 09:26 pm »
First class job Jay, those look great, and yes, the insets are just a bit tedious :duh: :lol:.

Will No-Rez be added?

Best,
Ed

Captainhemo

« Reply #218 on: 3 Jan 2017, 11:08 pm »
First class job Jay, those look great, and yes, the insets are just a bit tedious :duh: :lol:.

Will No-Rez be added?

Best,
Ed

Yeah, tedious and time consuming but, worth  it in the end, was glad to see you doing yours too  :thumb:

Yup, he's got the no res, he'll add it last.

jay

mirekti

« Reply #219 on: 24 Jan 2017, 04:37 am »
It would be great if Rythmik plate amplifiers came in L shape, bent right after the cooling fins.
This way one would be able to put the huge transformer and those caps in the cavity (bottom of the H frame would need to be some 4" tall), the cooling fins would be sticking out a bit, but all the controls would be in that case on the bottom back of the frame and everything in a single box.

Current height of the plate is 12-7/16", this would perfectly match both W and H frames with 12" drivers.