Firefox v71 Tabs Below Gone

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Firefox v71 Tabs Below Gone
« on: 18 Jan 2020, 05:29 pm »
I have a extensive 21Kb userChrome.css file to keep tabs below in my FF v70, but this morning Mozila modified my FF v70 even auto updated option being blocked and my tabs below gone to force me update to v72.

Looking to a web solution I found it:
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1274416#answer-1279083
Hi.
You can move the CSS code for tabs on bottom that works in Firefox71 to its own file (e.g. tabs-on-bottom.css).
Do NOT place the default @namespace line at the top of this tabs-on-bottom.css file.
Add a line above the @namespace line in userChrome.css to import this file.
If you do not have other CSS code in userChrome.css then you can consider to keep the code in userChrome.css and only remove the @namespace line.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: Firefox v71 Tabs Below Gone
« Reply #1 on: 18 Jan 2020, 05:31 pm »
Iam a dumb in programing, any help will be appreciated :thumb:
What is @namespace line ?

What exactly is default @namespace ?
Would it be this ?
@import url("tabs-on-bottom.css");
@namespace url("http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gatekeeper/there.is.only.xul"); /* only needed once */

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #2 on: 19 Jan 2020, 12:39 pm »
After further search found the solution for FF v71/72 tabs bottom.
In the pre-existing userChrome.css file add the follow code:

/* TABS: on bottom */
#navigator-toolbox toolbar:not(#nav-bar):not(#toolbar-menubar) {-moz-box-ordinal-group:10}
#TabsToolbar {-moz-box-ordinal-group:1000!important}

#TabsToolbar {
  position: absolute !important;
  bottom: 0 !important;
  width: 100vw !important;
  display: block !important;
}

#tabbrowser-tabs {
  width: 100vw !important;
}
#main-window:not([chromehidden*="toolbar"]) #navigator-toolbox {padding-bottom: var(--tab-min-height) !important;}

/* TABS: height */
:root {
 --tab-toolbar-navbar-overlap: 0px !important;
 --tab-min-height: 33px !important; /* adjust to suit your needs */
}
:root #tabbrowser-tabs {
 --tab-min-height: 33px !important; /* needs to be the same as above under :root */
 --tab-min-width: 80px !important;
}

#TabsToolbar {
 height: var(--tab-min-height) !important;
 margin-bottom: 1px !important;
 box-shadow: ThreeDShadow 0 -1px inset, -moz-dialog 0 1px !important;
}

#tabbrowser-tabs,
#tabbrowser-tabs > .tabbrowser-arrowscrollbox,
.tabbrowser-tabs[positionpinnedtabs] > .tabbrowser-tab[pinned] {
  min-height: var(--tab-min-height) !important;
  max-height: var(--tab-min-height) !important;
}
« Last Edit: 20 Jan 2020, 09:12 am by FullRangeMan »

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #3 on: 19 Jan 2020, 12:42 pm »
The 33 and 80 pixels values can be adjusted to your taste.
about:config settings must be setted to True in the item:
toolkit.legacyUserProfileCustomizations .stylesheets = true
« Last Edit: 20 Jan 2020, 07:01 am by FullRangeMan »

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #4 on: 15 Mar 2020, 10:11 am »
Just updated to FF v74.0 and no prob with tabs or fonts or other interface detail.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #5 on: 21 Mar 2020, 07:33 am »
Just updated to FF v74.0 and no prob with tabs or fonts or other interface detail.
Unfortunately I had updated my FFv73 to the new v74.
In the v74 at the Editing Bookmark window they removed the web address line.
Making it impossible to see and alter the bookmark address.
I suggest to all dont update to the FF v74.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #6 on: 30 Apr 2021, 06:31 pm »
Unfortunately in the current lasted Firefox v88.0 Mozila removed the View Image option from the mouse right button, strangely Google Chrome also has done the same disservice to its users a long time ago, it is getting more and more difficult to copy the image one are seeing on the screen.

newzooreview

« Reply #7 on: 30 Apr 2021, 07:26 pm »
Unfortunately in the current lasted Firefox v88.0 Mozila removed the View Image option from the mouse right button, strangely Google Chrome also has done the same disservice to its users a long time ago, it is getting more and more difficult to copy the image one are seeing on the screen.

i'm using Firefox v.88.0 and the mouse right button gives me the option to "Open Image in New Tab" or "Copy Image" or "Save Image As…" or "E-mail Image…"

"Open Image in New Tab" seems to do what "View Image" used to do. Maybe I misunderstood your post, but it seems that Firefox still does the same things it always has.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #8 on: 30 Apr 2021, 07:46 pm »
i'm using Firefox v.88.0 and the mouse right button gives me the option to "Open Image in New Tab" or "Copy Image" or "Save Image As…" or "E-mail Image…"

"Open Image in New Tab" seems to do what "View Image" used to do. Maybe I misunderstood your post, but it seems that Firefox still does the same things it always has.
Its the same here, however I have see "Open Image in New Tab" option will not open the image if the image address was replaced by a site address, what bother me is that they act together what result that all the browsers on the market are the same just change the logo.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #9 on: 30 Apr 2021, 09:33 pm »
With this new stance towards Firefox users the feedback option also was removed>
Please check back soon

We've paused submissions to this form so that we can improve how we collect feedback.
« Last Edit: 2 May 2021, 03:47 am by FullRangeMan »

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #10 on: 7 May 2021, 07:57 pm »
The number of sites that Firefox 88 is unable to display correctly has increased, in older versions older than 60 this basic error never happened.

bacobits1

« Reply #11 on: 7 May 2021, 10:03 pm »
Current version is now 88.01

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #12 on: 7 May 2021, 10:17 pm »
Iam at v88, just afraid to update to that.
Interesting the old IE11 show those site perfect.

bacobits1

« Reply #13 on: 8 May 2021, 01:31 pm »
That is what I have here on 88.01 the login box as shown.

I did have a problem during the week with a new bank account access. Initially set up perfect, login and password.
Came back could not get in. Talked to IT Cust service and they checked it and said all is fine it's on my end. The usual "Change your Browser" crap the easy way out for them.

Did nothing here, would not work on Edge either. Cleared all History , Bleachbit, still no go.

Went back in later after the phone call again under Firefox and it miraculously went in no problem.
Hmmm
Somebody's full of shit! They re-set something on their end.

Just the usual aggravation.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #14 on: 23 May 2021, 07:58 pm »
Have found that all the major web browsers use the same kernel called Chromium, which explains why these browsers are all so similar, really a very strange fact that makes things much easier for criminal hackers.

newzooreview

« Reply #15 on: 23 May 2021, 10:25 pm »
Have found that all the major web browsers use the same kernel called Chromium…

Only one of the top 3 browsers is based on Chromium; the other two are not based on Chromium: Firefox and Safari. So it would be more accurate to say that "most of the major web browsers are NOT based on Chromium." It would also be accurate to say that, overall, "Chromium is used by the majority of web users."

Because Safari is default on all Apple devices, it is second to Chrome in popularity, followed by Firefox.

There are a bunch of minor browsers, like Microsoft Edge and Opera, that are based on Chromium. I've never met anyone who uses those.

Data:

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #16 on: 23 May 2021, 11:06 pm »
Only one of the top 3 browsers is based on Chromium; the other two are not based on Chromium: Firefox and Safari. So it would be more accurate to say that "most of the major web browsers are NOT based on Chromium." It would also be accurate to say that, overall, "Chromium is used by the majority of web users."

Because Safari is default on all Apple devices, it is second to Chrome in popularity, followed by Firefox.

There are a bunch of minor browsers, like Microsoft Edge and Opera, that are based on Chromium. I've never met anyone who uses those.
So the fact that FF 88 and Chrome have exactly the same features is merely a coincidence, what core FF 88 use ?