Logitech / Squeezebox Server On Mac - No Longer Runs - Time to move on

John151

I think it is time to throw in the towel.  The iPhone app no longer works, the server has been suffering dropouts and disconnects for a while, and now the server just won't start on the Mac.  I think it is time to move on and upgrade to something that is supported.

Looking for a recommendations for music servers that are Mac friendly.

mr_bill

iPeng app still works,

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
John,

I have experienced near-daily dropouts and inexplicable turning off of my SB Touch for a couple years now. I haven't quite decided what to buy as a replacement, but I'll put some more thought into it as the year progresses. I'm just too busy right now, I'm afraid.

Bill,

Can you describe the iPeng app, and post your impressions?

Michael

rockn

I replaced my beloved Touch with a Blue Sound Node 2, couldn't be happier! Read up on it.

Bob   

mcgsxr

I have been using iPeng for years.

It is a remote for Logitech Media Server on your ios device.

It can also turn said ios device into a streaming device for use within your wifi.  I have used that on an older iTouch for headphones and bluetooth speaker use in the backyard.

I would be lost without it now!

When I had issues with my Logitech devices, I researched how people were using other devices hacked to act like LMS devices.  Some have used RasPi's.  I ended up using a Pogoplug hacked with s/w that makes it think it is a Logitech Touch.  I then use iPeng on any of the family ios devices as the remote to play music on the hacked Plug.  There is a write up on it from years ago on here.

John151

Thanks for the great info guys  :thumb:

I initially thought iPeng was a typo and was intended to be iPhone.   :duh:

I will research iPeng and Blue Sound Node 2.