Bang & Olufsen Beosound 4 ((Restoration/Modifications))

Nick B

Re: Bang & Olufsen Beosound 4 ((Restoration/Modifications))
« Reply #20 on: 28 Dec 2022, 12:23 am »
Here is the larger than original gauge umbilical cord that I created, which links the power supply board to the motherboard. This is the thickest solid core wire that I could fit into the cramped plugs…

Very nice work…nice to see what you’re up to

OSIB16

« Reply #21 on: 28 Dec 2022, 12:31 am »
Very nice work…nice to see what you’re up to

Thanks Nick, it was a bloody nightmare putting it together. The original jumper cable used really puny 26 gauge bell wires. However, the thicker copper that I swapped it for is 99.9999% purity. Should really give things a healthy boost in performance.

JCarney

« Reply #22 on: 28 Dec 2022, 12:34 am »
Yeah ok thanks. Hope you had a great Christmas. That Martin Logan speaker project you did looks like a lot of hard work.

Glad to hear you've been well. We did have a nice day, thanks.

So far the hurdles have been little things I did not take into account when planning. Making changes on the fly as it were seems to be the theme of this rebuild. I'm still working on it, but I believe I have all but one hurdle cleared, and I will have to solve that on the fly when I do the final assembly.

JCarney

OSIB16

« Reply #23 on: 28 Dec 2022, 02:03 am »
Glad to hear you've been well. We did have a nice day, thanks.

So far the hurdles have been little things I did not take into account when planning. Making changes on the fly as it were seems to be the theme of this rebuild. I'm still working on it, but I believe I have all but one hurdle cleared, and I will have to solve that on the fly when I do the final assembly.

JCarney

That’s the whole beauty of this modifications game. Once the hurdles are out of the way, the next part is the best (i.e. listening)

OSIB16

« Reply #24 on: 3 Jan 2023, 07:56 pm »
Just finished creating (from scratch) an aluminium bracket to fit the Beosound 4 unit onto the optional floor stand…

duvi

« Reply #25 on: 31 Mar 2024, 08:09 pm »
Hi,

I've just joined and was wondering if anybody has experience of the Beosound 5?

Cheers

Duvi