PolyFuser vs Q7D vs Gotham vs...others

DEP14

PolyFuser vs Q7D vs Gotham vs...others
« on: 21 May 2017, 01:12 am »
What are the major differences and expected effects that these would have on a room?

I have my corners treated with Tri-Traps, 1st and second reflection points on side walls have 242's...

242's to cover rear wall windows when needed.

I want to add some diffusion, figure front and rear walls are next steps.  Don't want to lose mids/highs at all.  Bass control is always good.

Wondering what others have found, and really what the expected differences are between Poly/Q7D, and the Gothams.  Other than the Gothams looking way cool.

Glenn Kuras

• Industry Contributor
Re: PolyFuser vs Q7D vs Gotham vs...others
« Reply #1 on: 21 May 2017, 10:31 am »
Poly/Q7D, and the Gothams.

Poly - Is going to scatter the sound left and right. Not a true diffuser in the sense as it does not change the time of the wave coming forward to you.  The unit is nice though as it as absorption in it to help low low mid control. Generally I like to use these on the back side walls.

Q7D - Is a 1D diffusor that throws the waves left and right.

Skyline - Is a 2D diffusor so it throws the waves left, right AND up and down.

Overall  If the room is over 12 feet long and you sit 5 feet from the back or front wall I would use either the Q7D or the Skyline BUT I would still put something like the Alpha 6As OR Monster bass traps around the units to help with low end nulls and peaks that come off those walls. What is sweet about the Alpha 6a is you can pretty much cover the whole wall and the room will NOT sound "dead".

DEP14

Re: PolyFuser vs Q7D vs Gotham vs...others
« Reply #2 on: 21 May 2017, 12:45 pm »
Thanks Glenn. That's super helpful.

JWL.GIK

• Facilitator
    • GIK Acoustics