242 and art panel

ricardojoa

242 and art panel
« on: 10 Dec 2011, 11:48 pm »
Hi,

if i am understanding it correctly, the art panel are basically gik 242 with some images on. Now my question is, why would there be a huge difference in price? $179 for 3 gik 242  2x4 versus $278 for 1 art panel 2x4.
Thank you.

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
Re: 242 and art panel
« Reply #1 on: 12 Dec 2011, 05:52 pm »
It's because you have to pay a graphic artist. It's not as easy as it looks. The regular 242 are just black fabric or Guilford of Maine wrapped around.

Anand.

bpape

• Industry Participant
  • I am serious and don't call my Shirley
    • Sensible Sound Solutions
« Reply #2 on: 12 Dec 2011, 05:58 pm »
Plus the printing cost.  We use dye-sublimation printing which is a much higher quality - but is not inexpensive.  Also, in most cases, we cover the cost of the art itself from the site we use and is listed on gikacoustics.com

Bryan

ricardojoa

« Reply #3 on: 12 Dec 2011, 06:33 pm »
I apreciate the responses.
I think i will need to figure what comes first, asthertic or improve sound. Hope i can find a balance in between.

rw@cn

« Reply #4 on: 12 Dec 2011, 06:38 pm »
I have a pair of 244s and wish that I had considered the artwork. I will probably get a few 242s once I determine where they should go and they will have graphics on them. Those 244s are going to look pretty sad and bland.

ricardojoa

« Reply #5 on: 12 Dec 2011, 06:47 pm »
Since we are at this, may ask what would be more economical and effective to get? i prefer to have my panel hanged instead of the big one like the bass traps.
I have looked through the kits, and it seems what goes behind the couch are all bass trap and gik 244. The 242 will go on the side and rear of the speaker or TV wall. My room is a little different, one side is a large sliding door that will be covered with curtain, there is pratically no room for any thing. To the other side of the couch, it will be an open end. Again the wall will end at 10 feet away from the couch and im not sure if i would gain anything that far. Besides, that would be my dinning area (small apartment). The only appropriate spot would be behing the couch and behind the speaker/TV wall. Would 2 244 behind the couch and 2 242 behind the speaker work? This set up is oversea, so i guess i would  need them as lite as possible for shipping reasons.

Thank for any help

bpape

• Industry Participant
  • I am serious and don't call my Shirley
    • Sensible Sound Solutions
« Reply #6 on: 12 Dec 2011, 07:42 pm »
Any chance you could post some pics or a rough sketch of the room layout?

Bryan

ricardojoa

« Reply #7 on: 13 Dec 2011, 05:23 am »
I did a quick sketch on word, but im not sure how to post it on here   :(
When it come to this, im very dumb  :lol:
Can anyone give me some advice, thnx

ricardojoa

« Reply #8 on: 13 Dec 2011, 02:55 pm »
Any chance you could post some pics or a rough sketch of the room layout?

Bryan

bpage,

anyway, is rectangle room 12'x20', with front and back wall, one side is a big
sliding door, and the other opens up to dinning area. Basically im looking for
something that is effective without overdoing the room. Im considerinf. 244 and
242. Any advice? thank you.

ricardojoa

« Reply #9 on: 16 Dec 2011, 10:46 pm »
Ok, i finally got the chance to do a rough sketch.

Any advice?
Thanks in advanced

Cheeseboy

« Reply #10 on: 10 Feb 2012, 11:09 pm »
I'm looking for GIK Art for the Right and Left Wall in this room.  The art on the left wall would be the same artist "The Singing Butler"  Jack Vettriano custom sizing would be needed.  I'll DIY something to fit behind the spark shield in front of the fireplace.  The art on the right wall we will have to find.  We are thinking 3 x 3 size.  Do you have any tastefull ideas for behind the speakers?  The speakers are further in the room than these pictures.  Today they are about 1 ft 8 inches.  The design calls for 3 ft.  So perhaps 4 inch treatments behind the speakers would be needed?

Cheeseboy

« Reply #11 on: 10 Feb 2012, 11:20 pm »
Whoops