Diablo~500 Class D Stereo Amplifier

AluminatiSound

• Industry Participant
  • Machining and Audio What A Great Match!
Re: Introducing The Diablo~500 Class D Stereo Amplifier
« Reply #20 on: 22 Sep 2013, 01:24 am »
Looks like a brute and looks like you intend on getting it to the customer without being damaged by shipping.

Shows that you care for your product, and getting your product to it's final destination, safely...

(Like your attention to detail.)

We pride our creations and want them to travel safely. No sense in skimping on the easy stuff :)

Best,
Matt and Jas

AluminatiSound

• Industry Participant
« Reply #21 on: 24 Sep 2013, 10:35 pm »
The wiring begins! Two Diablos ship out to their owners this Friday :)

We still have 1 silver and 1 black Diablo with no owners yet. The 5th will be transformed into a very special Diablo  :icon_twisted:

Best,
Matt and Jas

catmonv

« Reply #22 on: 24 Sep 2013, 11:18 pm »
Yipeeeee!  How many hours of break-in does this badboy need?

Ramon

AluminatiSound

• Industry Participant
« Reply #23 on: 25 Sep 2013, 01:02 am »
Yipeeeee!  How many hours of break-in does this badboy need?

Ramon

Hi Ramon,

We recommend 100 hours of break in for optimum sound.

Best,
Matt and Jas

AluminatiSound

• Industry Participant
« Reply #24 on: 25 Sep 2013, 01:03 am »
Just a few more things to button up tomorrow and theses babies will be singing :)

Best,
Matt and Jas

catmonv

« Reply #25 on: 26 Sep 2013, 10:50 pm »
Matt, any pics of the assembled diablo 500 in the silver and black cases with the led on the front turned on ?  :thumb:

Ramon

AluminatiSound

• Industry Participant
« Reply #26 on: 26 Sep 2013, 11:15 pm »
Here you go Ramon, We are listening to your amp right now. Running it through its paces and boy does it sound fantastic. Very low noise on both SE and balanced.

Finished pictures will come tomorrow :)

Are you as excited as we are  :thumb:

Best,
Matt and Jas

catmonv

« Reply #27 on: 26 Sep 2013, 11:30 pm »
Ha! Excellent!   :o

AluminatiSound

• Industry Participant
« Reply #28 on: 26 Sep 2013, 11:42 pm »
Ha! Excellent!   :o

What do you think :)

Best,
Matt and Jas

AluminatiSound

• Industry Participant
« Reply #29 on: 28 Sep 2013, 01:21 am »
Finished pictures can be found here:
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=120114.msg1263103#msg1263103

Best,
Matt and Jas

bummrush

« Reply #30 on: 28 Sep 2013, 01:33 am »
Nice . I'd love to know a bit on how you improve the standard ice modules , when I first bought a couple ice amps in like 2007 or so I was completely wowed by the sound. But after extended listening I just could not stand em anymore.its hard to explain . Part was the bass and I have no idea how you feel , but it was just way to much. How do you feel about the sound ice amps reproduce bass?

AluminatiSound

• Industry Participant
« Reply #31 on: 28 Sep 2013, 02:39 am »
Nice . I'd love to know a bit on how you improve the standard ice modules , when I first bought a couple ice amps in like 2007 or so I was completely wowed by the sound. But after extended listening I just could not stand em anymore.its hard to explain . Part was the bass and I have no idea how you feel , but it was just way to much. How do you feel about the sound ice amps reproduce bass?

I (Matt) had some Ice boards from back then and they look a little different than they do now, they have a rev printed on the boards, as time went on they might have updated the boards and the bassy sound tamed down. We do not hear this on our Diablo amp, it is very tight, well defined and balanced.

But Ice boards do very well in subwoofer applications, especially the 500asp (in Diablo) and 1000asp boards. They are stable down to 2 ohms and can drive those dual voice coil drivers with ease. Many DIY users have plate mounted these boards inside their monsters subs :)

Best,
Matt and Jas

JAMn Joe

• Industry Participant
    • http://www.jamnaudio.com
« Reply #32 on: 7 Oct 2013, 04:29 pm »
I can safely say these have no issues driving a set of King Sound III electrostatic panels with ease. I can also say that any previous issues with slow and muddy bass exhibited with early releases of the Ice modules is gone.

While the amp I have is not fully burned in yet, it has undergone at least 72 hours runtime using the Isotek burn-in disc and the amps are starting to flesh themselves out. The bass is fast and tight, clear and concise which was one of my concerns from having early Ice amps. The top end was considerably rolled off at the beginning and now is only slightly rolled off, to a point I could live with if it doesn't improve. But I'm most pleased with how well it controls the King III's. I don't feel like I have to back off the volume control at all. The King III's present a difficult load for many amps to handle, especially at higher volumes when certain high frequency notes are played for any duration of time. Using my standard test materials the Diablo's ran without a problem through areas that the other amps either went into protection mode or clipped.

I'm very pleased with the performance so far and will be extremely happy with them matched to the King's if the top end opens up even more.

Good job guys!

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« Reply #33 on: 7 Oct 2013, 04:54 pm »
I can safely say these have no issues driving a set of King Sound III electrostatic panels with ease. I can also say that any previous issues with slow and muddy bass exhibited with early releases of the Ice modules is gone.

I don't have muddy bass with my 1000ASP based monoblocks I got back when they were introduced.  I think reasonably powered switching amps in general are great at producing tight, grippy bass. 

AluminatiSound

• Industry Participant
« Reply #34 on: 7 Oct 2013, 05:21 pm »

While the amp I have is not fully burned in yet, it has undergone at least 72 hours runtime using the Isotek burn-in disc and the amps are starting to flesh themselves out. The bass is fast and tight, clear and concise which was one of my concerns from having early Ice amps. The top end was considerably rolled off at the beginning and now is only slightly rolled off, to a point I could live with if it doesn't improve. But I'm most pleased with how well it controls the King III's. I don't feel like I have to back off the volume control at all. The King III's present a difficult load for many amps to handle, especially at higher volumes when certain high frequency notes are played for any duration of time. Using my standard test materials the Diablo's ran without a problem through areas that the other amps either went into protection mode or clipped.

I'm very pleased with the performance so far and will be extremely happy with them matched to the King's if the top end opens up even more.

Good job guys!

Thanks for the wonderful feedback Joe!

We're actually going to make a few extra Diablo's soon to put in our own systems  :thumb:

Best,
Matt and Jas

AluminatiSound

• Industry Participant
« Reply #35 on: 7 Oct 2013, 05:53 pm »
We're dropping off one of the Diablo~500 cases at anodizing to get anodized Bordeaux Red. The cover will be black :) 

Pervious projects with the same color:

Best,
Matt and Jas

AluminatiSound

• Industry Participant
« Reply #36 on: 12 Oct 2013, 05:31 pm »
We sent one of the black cases back to anodizing to get anodized Bordeaux Red. This will be a special case combination by request only!

Best,
Matt and Jas