Uptone Audio EtherREGEN and Salkstreamer

JDoyle

Uptone Audio EtherREGEN and Salkstreamer
« on: 29 Feb 2020, 06:33 pm »
Just wondering if anyone has tried this with their Salkstreamer, or is thinking about it, or has one on order?

https://uptoneaudio.com/products/etherregen

It’s getting some very positive reviews over at AS too...

https://audiophilestyle.com/forums/forum/25-uptone-audio-sponsored/

JD

ddps

• Salk SS 9.5 / McIntosh MA8900 / Auralic Altair
Re: Uptone Audio EtherREGEN and Salkstreamer
« Reply #1 on: 29 Feb 2020, 09:27 pm »
-

hilde45

« Reply #2 on: 1 Mar 2020, 09:36 pm »
Possibly of interest : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Io4SDi5hLxs Hans reviews Etherregen

JDoyle

« Reply #3 on: 2 Mar 2020, 01:40 am »
Possibly of interest : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Io4SDi5hLxs Hans reviews Etherregen

Thanks, yes, I saw that on YT and it’s what actually got me to snoop around for more info (I subscribe to his channel, I enjoy watching his Vids).
I’m glad you posted the link and thanks again.

JD

Tomy2Tone

« Reply #4 on: 2 Mar 2020, 02:02 am »
I just got an EtherRegen this past week and really like the added naturalness to my streaming services. I don’t have a Salk Stream but use a Sonore UltraRendu just before my dac. It does seem silly that something like a switch can have such a positive effect on the digital music but this one does in my experience.

JDoyle

« Reply #5 on: 2 Mar 2020, 06:16 pm »
I just got an EtherRegen this past week and really like the added naturalness to my streaming services. I don’t have a Salk Stream but use a Sonore UltraRendu just before my dac. It does seem silly that something like a switch can have such a positive effect on the digital music but this one does in my experience.

Thanks for the feedback.  If you post again in another circle about it, if possible, try to post a link to it in this one.  :thumb:

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #6 on: 2 Mar 2020, 06:30 pm »

JDoyle

« Reply #7 on: 3 Mar 2020, 12:05 am »

This too

As Arte Johnson would say, Very Interesting!

Yomaha

« Reply #8 on: 11 Aug 2020, 05:29 pm »

This too

The audioscience review thread is unambiguously damning in its assessment of the Etherregen.  I just bot one recently and will be listening for myself.  I can't do all the testing that the Audioscience admin did, but hopefully I can get beyond the placebo effect and be honest with myself.  I felt like the downside was limited given the return policy.   TBD

Any good recs for ethernet cables?

thebrieze

« Reply #9 on: 13 Aug 2020, 09:26 pm »
Whenever I read about audiophile grade Ethernet switches or cables, I wonder if I should get one of these and connect them to my laptop and then check my brokerage and bank accounts? If it can modify data to improve the sound of digital music, then surely it should also be able to improve the value of my bank accounts when checked online..

Hmm.  I would certainly pay a lot more than $640 for an Ethernet switch that can improve my Online bank balances and then use that money to buy more Salk Speakers.. Genius!  :D

Yomaha

« Reply #10 on: 18 Aug 2020, 03:10 am »
Whenever I read about audiophile grade Ethernet switches or cables, I wonder if I should get one of these and connect them to my laptop and then check my brokerage and bank accounts? If it can modify data to improve the sound of digital music, then surely it should also be able to improve the value of my bank accounts when checked online..

Hmm.  I would certainly pay a lot more than $640 for an Ethernet switch that can improve my Online bank balances and then use that money to buy more Salk Speakers.. Genius!  :D

Yomaha

« Reply #11 on: 3 Sep 2020, 07:04 pm »

Just got mine on the latest batch and EtherREGEN as definitely peeled back one more layer and let’s me see a little deeper into the song. Better, deeper imaging, less smearing, more resolve and definition in lower registers for my set up. Excellent value imho.