For something completely different...my beautiful, old old baby

klaus@odyssey

Re: For something completely different...my beautiful, old old baby
« Reply #100 on: 18 May 2022, 12:09 pm »
I started this topic because I was proud of my little shit,  and it turned into a therapeutic remembrance for me...as probably for a lot of you guys with your babies  as well....remembering baby fondly,  but always with a somewhat heavy heart.

Well,  it's been 4 months now since Powder passed away...as with Precious,  we were always aware of kidney problems,  with weekly fluid packs for a couple of years,  and finally spleen cancer killed him..thankfully,  pretty fast within 5 days of being superbly agile before. 

Yes,  Precious was hard,  but the death of Powder hit us like a ton of bricks.  He was the one.  He was unbelievably angelic,  probably the single most gentle being I ever encountered.  And it coincided with Irina's start of her chemotherapy.    So, as you can imagine,  this really dark cloud hang over us for weeks.....and  for a couple of weeks I didn't even pick up the phone,  but it's time for me remembering him with my complete love for him.  Man,  I miss this beautiful boy,  miss my daily hour long  "talks" (not kidding)  with him....

And thanks to everybody for letting me do this "therapeutic" posting...it means a lot to me.

mhconley

« Reply #101 on: 18 May 2022, 12:31 pm »
I started this topic because I was proud of my little shit,  and it turned into a therapeutic remembrance for me...as probably for a lot of you guys with your babies  as well....remembering baby fondly,  but always with a somewhat heavy heart.

Well,  it's been 4 months now since Powder passed away...as with Precious,  we were always aware of kidney problems,  with weekly fluid packs for a couple of years,  and finally spleen cancer killed him..thankfully,  pretty fast within 5 days of being superbly agile before. 

Yes,  Precious was hard,  but the death of Powder hit us like a ton of bricks.  He was the one.  He was unbelievably angelic,  probably the single most gentle being I ever encountered.  And it coincided with Irina's start of her chemotherapy.    So, as you can imagine,  this really dark cloud hang over us for weeks.....and  for a couple of weeks I didn't even pick up the phone,  but it's time for me remembering him with my complete love for him.  Man,  I miss this beautiful boy,  miss my daily hour long  "talks" (not kidding)  with him....

And thanks to everybody for letting me do this "therapeutic" posting...it means a lot to me.

Sorry for your loss. Losing a beloved companion is hard.

Martin

TomS

« Reply #102 on: 18 May 2022, 08:24 pm »
Sorry for your loss Klaus, what a beautiful dog. My lab, Sailor and I, have many a conversation when no one else is around. He's way wiser than most know, calms my soul.

DeeCee

« Reply #103 on: 19 May 2022, 01:23 am »
Sorry about the loss of your furry pal. Frankly, my conversations with Champ are more intelligent (and therapeutic) than most people.

Also, he *always* greets me with a smile…

Keep the faith!
DeeCee

GentleBender

« Reply #104 on: 19 May 2022, 02:09 pm »
These beloved friends become family and it is beautiful. Great to come home to after a long day and even better to spend the day with them listening to your favorite music. They never judge you for your musical tastes.

F208Frank

« Reply #105 on: 19 May 2022, 04:14 pm »
very very cute.

hpc

« Reply #106 on: 21 May 2022, 06:52 pm »
Klaus,

Very sorry to hear about Powder passing on.  He was such a character - ALWAYS friendly and there with a good nudge on my hand.

Only the very best to you and Irina!

Lonnie

klaus@odyssey

« Reply #107 on: 26 May 2022, 05:30 pm »
Thanks guys........but of course time heals all wounds........somewhat.

And DeeCee:  YUP...

« Last Edit: 10 Jun 2022, 07:09 pm by klaus@odyssey »

pumpkinman

• A Kind Word Is an Easy Gift To Give
« Reply #108 on: 26 May 2022, 10:22 pm »

Loki57

Hey Klaus. How about some pictures of the new puppy 🐕.

klaus@odyssey

« Reply #110 on: 10 Jun 2022, 10:03 am »
Well,  yes.  It was just wayyyy  too depressive and quiet in the house,  and even though it felt like a betrayal to Powder,  we had to get another puppy after 4 weeks,  yes.  Irina had her pick and with her condition,  puppy was definitely supposed to be her dog first and foremost...and we got one !!!  Turns out to be somewhat adjacent to Pow in many ways,  and definitely, 100 %  a sweetheart as well...but with so much more energy.

Anyway,  here is Kai Kaiser  as a puppy and now as a 5 month old

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #111 on: 10 Jun 2022, 02:35 pm »
Glad you found a new member of the family - he looks very cute :thumb:

DeeCee

« Reply #112 on: 11 Jun 2022, 03:10 am »
Well,  yes.  It was just wayyyy  too depressive and quiet in the house,  and even though it felt like a betrayal to Powder,  we had to get another puppy after 4 weeks,  yes.  Irina had her pick and with her condition,  puppy was definitely supposed to be her dog first and foremost...and we got one !!!  Turns out to be somewhat adjacent to Pow in many ways,  and definitely, 100 %  a sweetheart as well...but with so much more energy.

Anyway,  here is Kai Kaiser  as a puppy and now as a 5 month old

Major cutie alert! :inlove:

klaus@odyssey

« Reply #113 on: 19 Nov 2022, 08:26 pm »
10 + months...90 lbs already........wheeeeew

Kaiser at friend's MN  lake house