Bryston SP4

witchdoctor

Re: Bryston SP4
« Reply #400 on: 22 Jan 2020, 07:49 pm »
The two channel or multi channel guys remind me of guys with horses criticizing the guy with the car

and when the witchdoctor with the "car" gets an SP4 he will have a VERY nice car indeed :thumb:

https://hometheaterhifi.com/reviews/receiver-processor/bryston-sp4-16-channel-surround-processor-review/

I hope maestro and gbaby trade up but what can you do, " Hi Yo Silver" or whatever...

gbaby

« Reply #401 on: 22 Jan 2020, 09:44 pm »

...and when the witchdoctor with the "car" gets an SP4...

It will be a cold day in hell. :lol:

witchdoctor

« Reply #402 on: 23 Jan 2020, 10:58 am »
It will be a cold day in hell. :lol:

All kidding aside, you should get one too even if you never use atmos or immersion. The SP4 will "bring your speakers to life".
Have you ever used room correction before?Check out Dirac:

https://live.dirac.com/overview/

CanadianMaestro

• Restricted
  • Skepticism is the engine of progress
    • Hearing Everything That Nothing Can Measure
« Reply #403 on: 23 Jan 2020, 02:29 pm »
All kidding aside, you should get a life, WD.   :lol:
and a reality check.

witchdoctor

« Reply #404 on: 23 Jan 2020, 03:04 pm »
All kidding aside, you should get a life, WD.   :lol:
and a reality check.

If you go through this thread I think you'll find I posted a lot of relevant info re: immersive audio.
I actually OWN not one but two immersive HT, posted pics of both, posted info re: setup, formats,etc. from a vantage point of having experienced it for the last 5 years.
All I can see you posting about is the WD. :green:

gbaby

« Reply #405 on: 23 Jan 2020, 07:38 pm »
If you go through this thread I think you'll find I posted a lot of relevant info re: immersive audio.
I actually OWN not one but two immersive HT, posted pics of both, posted info re: setup, formats,etc. from a vantage point of having experienced it for the last 5 years.
All I can see you posting about is the WD. :green:

Withdoctor, what Canadia Maestro is trying to tell you in a jovial manner is that it is obvious from your posts that you do not understand audio, high fidelity or the mission of Bryston. It is also obvious to him, me and others,  that you cannot afford the SP4 and you are only posting to keep relevant for whatever reason. Even Stevie Wonder can see this.  :lol:

witchdoctor

« Reply #406 on: 23 Jan 2020, 10:28 pm »
Withdoctor, what Canadia Maestro is trying to tell you in a jovial manner is that it is obvious from your posts that you do not understand audio, high fidelity or the mission of Bryston. It is also obvious to him, me and others,  that you cannot afford the SP4 and you are only posting to keep relevant for whatever reason. Even Stevie Wonder can see this.  :lol:

Like I said, I will make my decision when the new HDMI boards come out. I have a LOT of choices, the question is do I want to plunk down $2-4K every 3-5 years in an upgrade cycle or plunk down $10K++ upfront and then a more modest amount for cards at each refresh cycle. Remember Gbaby, price is ONLY an issue in the absence of value.

« Last Edit: 24 Jan 2020, 12:58 am by witchdoctor »

gbaby

« Reply #407 on: 24 Jan 2020, 01:10 am »
Like I said, I will make my decision when the new HDMI boards come out. I have a LOT of choices, the question is do I want to plunk down $2-4K every 3-5 years in an upgrade cycle or plunk down $10K++ upfront and then a more modest amount for cards at each refresh cycle. Remember Gbaby, price is ONLY an issue in the absence of value.

Like I said, even Stevie Wonder can see you. A man chasing features and codecs has no real interest in high fidelity.

CanadianMaestro

• Restricted
« Reply #408 on: 24 Jan 2020, 01:21 am »
gbaby,   :thumb:

Ray Charles. Helen Keller. Andrea Bocelli.
What do they all have in common?

They all see WD!  :lol: :lol: :rotflmao:

witchdoctor

« Reply #409 on: 24 Jan 2020, 03:23 am »
It's too bad we don't have the perspective of someone who actually OWNS an SP4... just two guys with AM radios riding on horses

CanadianMaestro

• Restricted
« Reply #410 on: 24 Jan 2020, 02:11 pm »
and a guy auditioning to be a clown with speakers 10 ft above his head.   :lol:

witchdoctor

« Reply #411 on: 24 Jan 2020, 02:43 pm »
My setup is almost EXACTLY like Abbey Road studio (even with active speakers) except the number of subwoofers. Check out this photo taken when they were remixing Pink Floyd for immersive audio. Same 11.1 setup, active speaker height channels on tall stands, etc.
Get over it :green:

witchdoctor

« Reply #412 on: 24 Jan 2020, 03:57 pm »
" Dolby Atmos Music is slowly making its way into the mainstream music business:

and it makes good ol’ stereo sound like mono AM radio."
https://www.digitaltrends.com/home-theater/what-is-dolby-atmos-music-and-how-to-get-it/

Pundamilia

« Reply #413 on: 24 Jan 2020, 04:01 pm »
This discussion has degenerated into a waste of bandwidth. :x

witchdoctor

« Reply #414 on: 24 Jan 2020, 07:21 pm »
Check out Roger Waters The Wall blueray with the Dolby Atmos mix:

"We actually reviewed the film with a full Dolby Atmos setup using a 7.2.4 configuration and the results were simply stunning, easily the best sounding concert movie we've ever heard. Pink Floyd and Roger Waters have a long history of superior sound quality at their concerts and they've been using quadrophonic sound since the seventies, so it's no surprise that Waters has embraced Dolby Atmos for this film. However he also understands how to use it to its full advantage, creating a highly immersive audio experience."
https://www.avforums.com/reviews/roger-waters-the-wall-blu-ray-review.12102

« Last Edit: 25 Jan 2020, 03:42 am by witchdoctor »

witchdoctor

« Reply #415 on: 24 Jan 2020, 07:25 pm »
The witchdoctor watched this concert movie with pretty much the same rig that they used to mix it with in the abbey road studio. I can't understand why any one into this hobby would not want to recreate the live concert experience in their listening room as Roger intended.. :scratch:

brucek

« Reply #416 on: 24 Jan 2020, 09:21 pm »
The witchdoctor watched this concert movie with pretty much the same rig that they used to mix it with in the abbey road studio. I can't understand why any one into this hobby would not want to recreate the live concert experience in their listening room as Roger intended.. :scratch:

Did the live concert actually have ceiling mounted speakers?

gbaby

« Reply #417 on: 25 Jan 2020, 03:03 am »
This discussion has degenerated into a waste of bandwidth. :x

I agree.  :(

witchdoctor

« Reply #418 on: 25 Jan 2020, 03:36 am »
Did the live concert actually have ceiling mounted speakers?

"The show features loads of effects, which are also expertly reproduced in the Atmos mix, whether that's explosions around you, fireworks going off above you or planes flying overhead"
[/b]- Steve Withers Review, avforums

https://youtu.be/98FzjVie-9k

witchdoctor

« Reply #419 on: 25 Jan 2020, 04:37 am »
I agree.  :(

The bandwidth wars have surrendered, "lossy","flac","hirez" are a sad shadow of immersive audio. Just got done streaming Meeks Mills Championships in Dolby Atmos via Tidal tonight.

TIDAL and Dolby Celebrated Meek Mill’s Championships with Live Dolby Atmos Music Performance

https://hiphopsince1987.com/2020/news/tidal-and-dolby-celebrated-meek-mills-championships-with-live-dolby-atmos-music-performance/