TONEPUB

Re: Best mastered Cd's
« Reply #40 on: 12 Oct 2008, 06:01 pm »
MoFi's newest Frank Sinatra, Nice And Easy
Lindsey Buckingham, Gift of Screws

TerryO

« Reply #41 on: 12 Oct 2008, 07:11 pm »
The ARC choir one is excellent.  One of my reference tracks is from one of their Blur Rider Trio CDs (harp, steel and guts) - Death have no Mercy in this Land.  Particularly the harmonica which is very clean and pure.  I play this a lot when I attended the RMAF and each year there were usually two or three rooms where the harmonica part was almost indistinguishable from someone playing in the room. 

The only K2 I have is their release of Cantate Domino, which is excellent, but I don't have any other versions to compare it with. 

I'll have to take a look at that Mapleshade recording, is it the "Blur" Rider Trio or did you hit the "r" instead of the "e" key? I do it all the time myself :duh:

I also have FIM's K2 Cantate Domino (translation: Can't play Dominoes :^) and it's a very nice recording. I have several others as well and all have been uniformly excellent.

Thanks for the tip on the Mapleshade.
Best Regards,
TerryO

BradJudy

« Reply #42 on: 12 Oct 2008, 07:39 pm »
The ARC choir one is excellent.  One of my reference tracks is from one of their Blur Rider Trio CDs (harp, steel and guts) - Death have no Mercy in this Land.  Particularly the harmonica which is very clean and pure.  I play this a lot when I attended the RMAF and each year there were usually two or three rooms where the harmonica part was almost indistinguishable from someone playing in the room. 

The only K2 I have is their release of Cantate Domino, which is excellent, but I don't have any other versions to compare it with. 

I'll have to take a look at that Mapleshade recording, is it the "Blur" Rider Trio or did you hit the "r" instead of the "e" key? I do it all the time myself :duh:

Yes, that should read Blue Rider Trio.  :)