R_burke

Re: New Model .. Pan
« Reply #2 on: 12 Jul 2013, 05:43 pm »
Looking good, anxious to learn all the details on these  :thumb:

dodgealum

« Reply #3 on: 13 Jul 2013, 04:45 pm »
Lou:

These look great. A few questions: Hard to tell--is the baffle or back panel angled like your other designs? Also, I think I see a single port located on the front baffle--are you going with a typical bass reflex enclosure here or are these also aperiodic vents but with only one port? How would you say these differ from the DaRMA's design and sonically?

Thanks for sharing!

Daedalus Audio

• Facilitator
    • http://www.daedalusaudio.com
« Reply #4 on: 15 Jul 2013, 04:06 am »
sorry for being a bit slow on all this, just been too busy getting ready for CAF.

the Pan are a three way monitor, 26" tall that function much like a two way for near field listening.
bass extension is flat down to about 40hz and still very solid at 30hz  almost an all-poly cap design very clean and detailed with a lot of body.
the introductory price is $4600 but that will change in the last half of August, still evaluating what it really costs to build these but it is way more than I had originally hoped, on the other hand it sounds better than I had hoped! :D

will have more pics in a couple of days and info on the site asap

thanks,
lou

figcon

« Reply #5 on: 16 Jul 2013, 03:36 am »
You can take a look at the physical layout of the Pan and see how it would work well as a near field monitor. The three driver arrangement seems to approximate a single coherent point source and this looks like a sure fire winner to me for a guy that deserves one. With the bass Lou is getting out of his speakers now and this being a three way, this model should be a slam dunk great value for those of limited listening room volume. I would bet it will sound great in any room of reasonable size with just about any high quality amp available today. Beautiful!!

Jonathon Janusz

« Reply #6 on: 16 Jul 2013, 11:51 pm »
Lou, I thought if you have time to answer, I would write a note asking if you could briefly compare Pan to Athena?  Thanks and have a great CAF!

Daedalus Audio

• Facilitator
« Reply #7 on: 17 Jul 2013, 03:42 am »
Lou, I thought if you have time to answer, I would write a note asking if you could briefly compare Pan to Athena?  Thanks and have a great CAF!
I knew that would come up  :)  how about I answer that after that show? I'm sure there will be comments that will address that.

thanks,
lou

Daedalus Audio

• Facilitator
« Reply #8 on: 17 Jul 2013, 03:44 am »
here's a pair in maple that shipped today.

[/img]

vortrex

« Reply #9 on: 20 Jul 2013, 12:48 am »
I got mine yesterday...

jonbee

« Reply #10 on: 20 Jul 2013, 02:14 am »
Very sweet! Lou's cabinets are heirloom quality, and combined with their sound quality make them audiophile candy of the highest order.
Enjoy!

Berto

« Reply #11 on: 20 Jul 2013, 02:24 am »
Vortrex those are beautiful, luv the contrast in woods. I love Lous work :thumb:

What stands do you plan to use?  I'm sure they will need some time, but let us know how they sound after they break in. Enjoy!

dB Cooper

« Reply #12 on: 20 Jul 2013, 02:34 am »
Looking forward to hearing these at CAF. You had one of the better rooms last year btw.

vortrex

« Reply #13 on: 20 Jul 2013, 02:37 am »
Vortrex those are beautiful, luv the contrast in woods. I love Lous work :thumb:

What stands do you plan to use?  I'm sure they will need some time, but let us know how they sound after they break in. Enjoy!

Lou teamed up with Skylan to make stands for these.  the top plate is the same dimension as the cabinet.  I've got a pair of those on order.  it seems like they will be here in a week.

Part-Time Audiophile

• Bright. Shiny. Mine?
    • Part-Time Audiophile
« Reply #14 on: 21 Jul 2013, 02:36 am »
Looks fantastic!

shahed

« Reply #15 on: 21 Jul 2013, 02:43 am »
Beautiful pair! Will the BOW subwoofer be a natural pairing with these babies?

Daedalus Audio

• Facilitator
« Reply #16 on: 21 Jul 2013, 02:52 am »
thanks guys, yes the BOW mates well with all my systems and is a perfect match for the Pan.

thanks,
lou

stereodad

« Reply #17 on: 29 Jul 2013, 09:59 pm »
Hoping for feedback on the Pan if anybody fells up to it.

Thanks Larry

dB Cooper

« Reply #18 on: 29 Jul 2013, 10:14 pm »
They sounded great and would be on my 'bang for the buck' list. Very well voiced without any particular range jumping out at you. Many of the multi-driver systems (including some of the really expensive ones) had audible driver blending faults. Not these, and I listened to them at fairly close range. Now Daedalus needs to get to work on a nice mini monitor  :icon_twisted:

Scottdazzle

« Reply #19 on: 29 Jul 2013, 10:17 pm »
The Daedalus Pan speakers from the show are now at my house.  Anyone within driving distance of northern Virginia who wants to hear them can send me a pm.  :thumb: